The simFlight Network Forums

Had to do a FSX reinstall

gets

What do I have to do to get MTX working again? I had to remove and install FSX and Acceleration after a problem. Looks like the MTX folder is still in my FSX directory. What is the proceedure for getting MTX up and running again?

Thanks.

Bob G.

After a reinstall of FSX I have added MTX in my scenery library. What do I have to do get the AI to show up? Everything was fine before I had to do the reinstall.

I figured it out. Everything is fine now.

Thanks.

Bob G.

When you make a new installation of FSX, it is strongly recommended that you also install all addons new from scratch - unless you really understand the setup of FSX folders and settings. Since 99% of all FSX problems come from addons that are not FSX compatible, it is extremely unlikely that a new install of FSX that uses existing addon installs has less problems then before.

This said, if you have the full MyTraffic folder, all it requires is the scenery.cfg entry and the FSX.cfg entry, the second you can check and create using MyTraffic Communicator - Menu item Manage FSX.cfg, press the green and the red button.