The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3greens

Problem with non-unique navaid codes

I had posted this in another thread but without the proper info requested. Here it is again.

1. FS2004(FS9)

2. FSUIPC 3.85

3. FS Commander 8.5 Aerosoft Ver. F Build 200409 and Database Manager version 8.5 Build 230309

4. Aerosoft version download

5. Operating System XP

I created a LIME-EGSS flightplan using navaid routing. FSC (or I) selected the correct waypoints. I saved the plan then loaded it in both FS9 and Radar Contact. Everything was CORRECT and Radar Contact followed me through the correct FP to the end.

Then, as I was monitoring flight progress on the FSC map, I noticed the flight route was messed up. I called the FP into view and noticed that 3 waypoints had been substituted with w/p with the same codes in North America and the Caribbean (TUL, MAU, MTN I think). This must have happened after I had saved the FP but while it was still in memory.

It is also possible (I don't remember for sure) that I reloaded at some point into FSC the plan I had just saved. Even then, are not the saved waypoints identified uniquely? Are just the 3-letter codes saved? And if so, how do RC and FS manage to find the correct ones?

This is all very puzzling. Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil,

we have tried to somehow verify the problem you described, but unfortunately we could find any abnormal behavior of the flight planner. Of course, when flight plans are loaded, we not only check the ICAO code, but also the corresponding lat/lon values, since navaid names can be geographically ambiguous.

In order to help you, I suggest the following. Please create the original plan again and save it. Then reload the plan and save it again under a different name. Send the two plans to Volker (his email address is on our homepage). We will check what is happening.

Regards

Sascha & Volker