The simFlight Network Forums

Hat Switch

Hi Guys,

I have finally gone over to FSUIPC ver. 4 for FSX and allow it to control everything...

One assignment I am struggling with..

The Hat switch...

On my Saitek Yoke there is a hat switch for Panning around..

What is the FSUIPC assignment I need to use this...I assume it is under Buttons and Keys.

Thank you

Dave

One assignment I am struggling with..

The Hat switch...

On my Saitek Yoke there is a hat switch for Panning around..

What is the FSUIPC assignment I need to use this...I assume it is under Buttons and Keys.

No.

Although, as in FSUIPC3, you CAN, if you want, treat the Hat as a set of 8 buttons (one for each direction), if you really want to use it for panning (rather than view direction) you are better off assigning it in the Axis Assignments tab -- to "pan view".

This is something which wasn't possible in FSUIPC3 (because it didn't use DirectInput for its axes). The user guide provided with FSUIPC4 does discuss this issue.

Regards

Pete

What about opening and closind doors/windows

Windows? In the aircraft or on screen?

Aircraft doors are controlled by the Shift+E keystorke followed by the door number, 1-4. The equivalent FS control is Toggle Aircraft Exit. Or you can use FSUIPC offset 3367, but that only handles the main door in FS9 -- up to 8 doors in FSX.

Have looked but nothing obvious jumps out!!

Where are you looking? Doesn't "exit" make you think of a door? ;-)

Regards

Pete