The simFlight Network Forums

No AI traffic at Paris CDG and London City

Arndt777

Hello,

I have installed FSX with MyTraffic 5.2a. AI traffic is fine at all airports exept Paris CDG and London City (within VFR London X). There is absolutely no AI traffic.

Are there any issues known? Around Paris, I have installed several France VFR products. Around London City, I have several UK 2000 products installed.

Thanks for any help!

Arndt

Well, you answered your question already. I know the France VFR scenery to be incompatible with FSX aircraft and ship traffic, But simply delete the files trf_'ICAO'.bgl in their scenery folders, these are in FS8 format and cause the incompatibility.

I do not know if the same applies to the UK 2000 sceneries, but am sure others can tell you. If you have many addon airports installed, please refer to

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76589

and run the .bat file from that download, not the exe directly. This will provide you most likely with the solution to more problems than you are aware of.

The problem is based on the decision of the AI freeware community to mainly continue to support FS9 and only marginally support FSX ( which requires a complete redo of everything with 5 times more work ). So packages like WOAI still distribute their traffic files using a tool for FS8, ttools, and not for FSX. FSX now, when it meets FS8/ttools schedules, switches into an emulation mode and cannot display its own format ( doing so in 16 different slots ). Some addons, in order to have their AI traffic compatible to WOAI etc, therefore also use the legacy format ( and ignore that AI traffic using these formats doesn't show all the improvements made for FSX ) - and leave the support for this problems to those who use FSX full format, which means me basically :( .