The simFlight Network Forums
Psybear

Not a Virgin Anymore

I mentioned this as well. I also don't see any double-parked AI when I examine the STB.

For example, by looking at your pictures I can't tell if one of the two AI parked is a static aircraft or if both are MTX AI.

From Aerosofts FSX LEMD pdf:

Static aircraft are only placed at the hangar “La Muñoza”.

Programs such as MyTraffic, which simulate a realistic traffic environment are commonly used nowadays. This is the reason why we decided not to implement further static aircraft.

Mike

As I remember, when you first install Madrid X it asks if you want to install static aircraft or not and clearly states that if you are running an AI program not to. I chose not to as I was already running MyTraffic X.

I installed the 2nd

file you packed up and other than it no longer showing as a duplicate in FSX Airport Scanner there was unfortunately no change.

I'll try renaming the add-on file to passive and take a look.

When I get a chance, I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Madrid X and see what happens.

Thanks all for the feedback and thought processes.

The quickest way you can prove for sure that they are static or not is to reduce the traffic sliders in FSX to 0% and look again to see if the planes remain. This wouldn't be the first time that an Aerosoft installer didn't do what it was expected to do at point of install, it may still be installing the statics even though you chose not to.

Yes Andydigital. There are in fact static aircraft displaying when I set the Traffic sliders to 0%.

And kagazi, after installing the 2nd zero.bgl I notice LLCJ listed as Barajas in addition to LEMD. What's LLCJ...L.L. Cool Jay? See screenshots.

post-12690-128689686857_thumb.jpg

post-12690-128689686873_thumb.jpg

Yes, LLCJ is LL Cool J :lol: The purpose was to have the stock LEMD load zero to the empty fake LLCJ file (same header info) and trick it into thinking that there are two separate files as not to interfere with the Aerosoft version. I can rename LLCJ to what ever we want as not to confuse in the menu. I'm not sure if it's going to work, but I would first remove the statics and see if the problems are solved.

i had the same problem back in FS2004 and i was using world airports 2. i just removed the static aircraft and all was fine, why have static aircraft when you can have auctual moving aircraft? :lol:

-thank you

In most cases they are put by a bgl that has the name stat, static or so in it. If there is no obvious naming scheme, and nobody here knows, just ask the Aerosoft team on their forum for the file name.

Puh, that was a good effort, thanks to everybody.

Si, gracias a todos para su ayuda!

I uninstalled the airport, reinstalled and wonder of wonders....no static aircraft, almost. 1 IBERIA was parked at the terminal near the beginning of runway 15L.

I can live with that.

Yes, Burkhart, I agree, it's an Aerosoft issue, still a fabulous job for a huge airport like Barajas. But thanks for the help and above all passing on a bit of knowledge to me. MyTraffic X 5.2a and the forum are superb.

Suerte y felicidad

post-12690-128689686907_thumb.jpg

I agree Barajas is a magnificent airport from Aerosoft, and it is in real life too - while the old terminals could need some redo...