The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Cockpitsonic and FDC, problem.

Excuse me for my english, I'm spanish.

I have throttle cockpitsonic wich works with program (driver) uses FSUIPC. I've bought FDC, this program work correctly but not whit this throttle.

When I run FDC all Ok, but when I run the program (driver) the FDC crashes. This throttle use FSUIPC and FDC too.

FDC Team says I must contact with yours. Can you help me, please?

Thanks.

Eva

I have throttle cockpitsonic wich works with program (driver) uses FSUIPC.

Sorry, I don't know this product. Is it a hardware throttle system? Does it need FSUIPC, or look like a normal throttle to FS?

I've bought FDC, this program work correctly but not whit this throttle.

When I run FDC all Ok, but when I run the program (driver) the FDC crashes.

FDC crashes? Because you are using a throttle? That makes no sense. What overlap is there between them?

FDC Team says I must contact with yours. Can you help me, please?

Not without knowing why FDC crashes! If a program crashes, the only people who can say why are the people who wrote the program, or at least those who have the code to debug such a crash.

I would love to help, but the FDC folks must first identify why their program crashes. Evidently it isn't checking something correctly, something which is manifestly a possibility!

Regards

Pete

Make sure that any software (exe) that comes with the throttle is run with the option 'run as administrator' if your operating system is Windows Vista, this must be the case for all programs that are connecting to FSX, including FSX itself and FDC etc. All you have to do is right click on the shortcut (icon) to the programs and select the 'run as administrator' option from there. If you are not using Vista or Windows 7 then this isn't necessary. It may not be this that's causing an issue but it is worth a try.

Make sure that any software (exe) that comes with the throttle is run with the option 'run as administrator' if your operating system is Windows Vista, this must be the case for all programs that are connecting to FSX, including FSX itself and FDC etc.

Actually the important thing is that they are all run at the same privilege level -- either all "as administrator" or none of them "as administrator". Vista and Win7 prevent data exchange via DDE or memory sharing between programs of different privilege levels, and that effectively puts a wall between FSUIPC/FS and external add-ons.

Whether an Add-On for FSX runs okay without the administrator privilege level might also depend upon the way FSX was installed -- if left to install in its default folder in "Program Files", then one of the problems which can arise is that all Program Files folders are protected against writing (except the Modules folder, when created by FSUIPC4's installer). This problem does not arise if FSX is installed elsewhere.

Regards

Pete