The simFlight Network Forums

No Spoilers control with FS2004 and FSUIPC v3 (payware)

I can not get the SPOILERS to work proparly besically calibration is not working very well, i tried with fsuipc and just with fsassignments, besiacally spoilers extand and retract no like they used to in fs2002 where there were no problems here all my numbers seem to be the same in both fsuipc.ini and fs9.cfg and fs2002.cfg all related values are the same but no luck with them working proparly any ideas???

Thanks

BTW I use CH FlightSim Yoke with 3levelers

I can not get the SPOILERS to work proparly besically calibration is not working very well, i tried with fsuipc and just with fsassignments, besiacally spoilers extand and retract no like they used to in fs2002 where there were no problems here all my numbers seem to be the same in both fsuipc.ini and fs9.cfg and fs2002.cfg all related values are the same but no luck with them working proparly any ideas???

Sorry, I cannot make anything out of what you are saying except that you cannot calibrate your spoilers axis.

You need to get it working in FS itself first. Don't use FSUIPC except to trim the "ends" -- "reset" the FSUIPC entry, go and set things correctly in FS first. Make sure the sensitivity isn't turned down too much.

If you need help you need to be a little more explicit please.

Pete

yeah I guess I didn't explain it well...

Spoilers seem to be very sensitive (ovesensitive) I use the Axis I have for spoilers and they do not move smooth from the fully retracted position to fully extended. The leveler is moved only lets say third of a way and the spoilers are fully extracted if I continue moving it it will beging to retract and extract again... well mess moves up and down like crazy. I tried with FS only then with FSUIPC and seems to work the same. or not work I tried to calibrate joystick etc.. where is the sensitivity setting you referring to ..

Thanks

Well I tried the sensitivities maybe someone with well configured and working spoilers wanna share your numbers with me that be great,

So far I can not calibrate them, even went back to fs2002 and they work superB, not in FS2004 though

Thanks

Spoilers seem to be very sensitive (ovesensitive) I use the Axis I have for spoilers and they do not move smooth from the fully retracted position to fully extended. The leveler is moved only lets say third of a way and the spoilers are fully extracted if I continue moving it it will beging to retract and extract again... well mess moves up and down like crazy.

This is while you are on the ground? If so, it is almost undoubtedly because part of the early position is "arming" them for automatic deployment. If you are on the ground and arm them, they go to 100% This is a long-standing problem with FS I think. Try it in the air.

I tried to calibrate joystick etc.. where is the sensitivity setting you referring to ..

It's a slider somewhere in FS assignments for axes. It adjusts the value caled "SCALE" in the CFG file.

Pete

You are correct :!: I didn't know that! It does indeed work perfect in the air so it has to be like you say, Thanks that makes me feel much better as I never though of testing it in the air it worked good on the ground in FS2002, but not now in FS2004... anyhow it works in the air which is where it supposed :D to work so I am all happy one problem solved :!: :D :!:

Thank you again for the tips! :D

Andy

I spent some time trying to setup the spoiler axis and same problem in ground. If you start to open the spoilers it goes to 100% and even adjusting the axis back to 0 the spoilers continues at 100%, the good thing is when you apply a little of thrust the spoilers close :)

Thanks,

Ulisses