The simFlight Network Forums

How to revert to original configuration?

conao

Hi,

I have MyTrafficX v5.2a installed and patched. I'm now playing a bit with the configurations for aircraft, scenery and schedules.

To revert to the default configuration is it enough to just click on the "Rebuild MyTraffic Aircraft, Scenery and Schedules" option in Communicator or do I need to reinstall/repatch something else after that?

Another question about these configurations... do they really run "that fast" or am I missing something? It's been a long time since I "messed" with MyTrafficX 5.1b so I'm not sure how it was before, but I thought it would run that long aircraft unzip procedure every time I changed aircraft resolution. I can only see a command prompt that runs the corresponding .EXE in a split second and pause for a key to close itself. Is this what I should expect?

Same thing for scenery changes, such as "Restore MyTraffic X airports with default settings" or "Restore MyTraffic X airports with higher performance"? They also run in a split second. Correct? By the way, it's the second option that should produce better performance, right?

Thanks for any help and for a great add-on!

Marconi

Now only some config files get exchanged, which are a ferw bytes each, that is why these changes go so fast. It was always the case with the FSX models, for FS9 i may remember more was exchanged. So all but the schedule creation is a question of Milliseconds now.

If you run a Rebuild MyTraffic Aircraft, Scenery and Schedules, indeed all gets restored as installed by the version you have, with exception of the MyTraffic database, so if you changed that, made no backup first and want to go back you have to get this from the installer.

After the "Rebuild", you should apply the patches to get rid of the few things repaired in them.

Working on weekends Burkhard!? Thanks for your prompt reply!

So, If I understood it correctly, a rebuild should get me back to standard v5.2a, without the patches. Then, all I have to do after that is to download and install the most recent patch, right?

Regarding the database, do you mean manual changes on schedules, aircraft or sceneries? Well, I haven't done anything like that, so I think I don't have to bother about it.

I still have a doubt regarding the airports configuration (Normal and Higher Performance). From the manual I understood that the main difference with these settings is with which setting of the Scenery Complexity slider the jetways will start to show up. The reason to "delay" or "reduce" the number of jetways is to improve performance reducing the jetway animations, now affected by a higher number of AI aircraft. My question is: if I use one of the "less animations" options for the aircraft configuration, which should remove the jetways animation with all AI traffic (is that right?), should I still bother about which airport settings to choose? I understand that the complexity of the scenery will impact the frame rates anyways, but not the jetways animations, right?

Regards,

Marconi

Using the less animation option will reduce the difference, since the CPU power for the solution of the differntial equations that come with inverse kinematics is not needed - but even the dead jetways have several associated draw calls, so cost more than one AI plane. I always use the faster airports, since they allow me to run with scenery "dense" world wide, while I only could go to "normal" because of the big airports.

P.S. I try to reserve the weekends for real work which means building new aircraft, but go online at least once if possible.

This will come once the next version gets released. But you now that MyTraffic X is not only more airlines than the complete internet, more FSX models than the complete internet, better frames than everything else out there, but also airports fitting to the aircraft and schedules fitting to the aircraft and airports - so still a world of work...