The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pjacko51

Connecting to FS9 - No Process Response (answered)

Flight Sim Version - FS9

FSUIPC - Ver 3.9

FSC 8.5 with Database Manager 8.5

Download version from FSC website

Operating system - Vista 32.

I have, for some months, been trying to use FSC 8.5. I cannot get FSC to connect with FS9.

I get the error message: FSC cannot connect to Flight Simulator. Msg# (No Process Response).

I installed the program "as administrator" but I do not get the option from the desktop icon to

start the program "as administrator" [just like I do with the other programs I have loaded]. I think

this may be the problem. I've uninstalled FSC and reinstalled it several times and I still cannot

get this solved. Do you think not being able to select "Run as administratior" from the Icon is

causing this? if so, how do I get the option to do this from the .exe file?

Appreciate any help you can give.

Peter Jackson

Ok, further to my msg below. I turned off the UAC in the Vista control panel and reinstalled FSC8.5 and the connection to FS9

was successful. After turning the UAC back on the error msg re appears [no process response].

I am certain that the issue is not having the option when right clicking the FSC8.5.exe file to "run as administrator".

I installed the program with the administrator box ticked but i still do not get the option "run as administrator" from the

.exe file in the folder or from the Icon?

Peter Jackson

Hi, I've used Plan G3 (maps) on my FSX for a long time. I also have FS9 installed on the same pc. I read that I needed a new FSUIPC for the

connection to work in FS9, so I've just bought it and downloaded it. Installed as instructed. It seems to have installed correctly (in the

Modules folder).

The Data section in plan G3 has been built and the FS9 Logo is showing orange (i.e. confirming it has built the FS9 database). But it will

still not connect to FS9 when FS9 is already running, as it should. Can anybody help me please?

I use extensive VFR photo scenery and fly for mostly just for sightseeing. The maps in FSX and FS9 only show airports and I like total maps.

Please bear in mind that I have no computer skills.

Thanks, Regds, David Stracey

My FSC works fine in FSX but wont connect in FS9. I have purchased FSUIPC but where can I check that it is active in FS9 please?