The simFlight Network Forums

GF-46 Button, suspends FSUIPC Button & Switches tab

I'm running: FSX SP1 | FSUIPC 4.520 9JUN09 | GFConfig 1.90 | GFDisplay 1.24

I went into the Buttons & Switches tab on the FSUIPC module with in FSX to get the unit number assignments for my Goflight modules.

Everything was working fine. I'd press a button and the unit number appeared in the PRESS box and the button number appeared in the BUTTON box.

But when I pressed the button on my GF46, FSUIPC displayed the unit and button numbers ok, but as I continued to push buttons, it stopped displaying the numbers, and didn't even display previous buttons assignments.

FSUIPC still registers the axis changes and the other tabs seem to still work. It just looks like the Buttons & Switches tab died. The tab's controls still re-draw when the window is moved. It just doesn't work anymore.

It's seems to be only the GF46 button, the knobs worked fine with no side effect.

I tried doing a Hub Reset, but that didn't have any effect. The only way I've found so far to correct it is a restart of the computer.

Any clues?

Joe

But when I pressed the button on my GF46, FSUIPC displayed the unit and button numbers ok, but as I continued to push buttons, it stopped displaying the numbers, and didn't even display previous buttons assignments.

It's seems to be only the GF46 button, the knobs worked fine with no side effect.

The only thing I know of that can cause such a symptom is if the button is continually repeating -- i.e. sending off/on messages so quickly that no others get a look in. The fact that other signals from the same device do (provided that button isn't pressed first) does make it sound like a hardware rather than software problem.

I tried doing a Hub Reset, but that didn't have any effect. The only way I've found so far to correct it is a restart of the computer.

What's a "hub reset"? You should try actually removing power from the GF46 and then restoring it, to reset its own hardware. I don't think the hub will be doing anything.

Also see if it has a problem with GoFlight's own software -- the FSX module which allows you to use the GF46 without FSUIPC's involvement.

The need here is to identify whether it is definitely hardware (in which case you'd need GF support involvement) or some sort of weird software interaction.

Regards

Pete