The simFlight Network Forums

Can I run FS2004 and FSCommander 8.5 on seperate Computers?

Hi Alex,

Yes you can very successfully. If you have not already done so, download the trial version of the programme from FlightSim Commander's web site and install it so that you have access to FSC's User manual which has a complete chapter (Appendix) devoted to running FSC in a network environment (separate computer). The address is http://www.fscommander.com/. From that page, select the Download menu on the left-hand side of the page then select and download the Full version: fsc85.zip. Once installed, access the Help menu and read the chapter entitled Appendix Network which is devoted to Operating Flight Simulator and FLIGHTSIM COMMANDER in a multi-computer network (in connection with Peter Dowson’s WideFS (WideClient)). Don't be intimidated. It's actually very easy to do. I've been operating FSC on a second computer for several years now without any issue. And if you ever did run into difficulty, rest assured that members of this forum will help you get up and running.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

Hi all,

I am Alex Martinez and would like to buy FSCommander 8.5 for FS2004 but before I buy I would like to know if I can run FS2004 on one computer and FSCommander on another. If yes, how?

Thanks,

Alex Martinez

alexmartinez09@live.com

As Jean Jacques said, it is necessary to have Fsuipc on the PC running FS2004 and Widefs on the Pc running FSC , the two bought together cost 30 euros...or 20 separately.

In all cases, FSC on a second computer is an excellent choice... :wink: