The simFlight Network Forums

KSNA Problem Found

idahosur

Hi Burkhard and Kagazi,

Eureka!!

I had a eureka moment this morning and figured that if deactivating MSX So Cal was the only way to get rid of the extra towers and stuff at KNSA then I would disable all MSX So Cal airports, well it was not one of the airport bgl's, but it was the FSX-SOCAL-OBJECTS.BGL in the MSX So Cal scenery folder.

I tried to open this with ADE to see if I could get rid of the tower and all the other buildings and stuff that it was generating, not only at KSNA, but KBUR, KNZY, KNKX and KPSP just to name a few, but I could not open it.

You have no idea how much stuff that file was generating. What gets me is that all of the airports are above this file in the scenery library so how is this file putting all of this stuff on top of the airport bgl scenery.

Thanks for the support!

Rod

What gets me is that all of the airports are above this file in the scenery library so how is this file putting all of this stuff on top of the airport bgl scenery.

Makes perfect sense. The KSNA scenery file, and apparently the other airports mentioned, were not created to enhance the MSX So Cal scenery and thus do not contain any scenery exclusion rectangles to eliminate the "extra scenery".