The simFlight Network Forums
JohnY

My Traffic X 5.2A

Hi Burkhard

I'll try to find the answers to your message later - the disc doesn't say who supplied it except that underneath the title is the name B. Renk and underneath that is the Order ID and Customer ID numbers. At the bottom is the advice to check the CD for extra product files etc. I think I got it from SimMarket on Andy's recommendation but I'll have to check and I haven't the time now because I have to go out.

In the meantime, I need to ask Andy two questions, so that when I come back this afternoon I can start straight away :

Andy,

1. Before re-installing from the CD this afternoon should I 'remove' My Traffic from the FSX Scenery Library?

2, Having installed it and hopefully got it working again, will it be safe then to one by one remove the '.off' from the traffic bgls until I find the one, or others, at fault?. I mean, will that stop MTX working completely again and then not start, even if I put the '.off' back on?

John

1. No, leave it be.

2. Yes it is safe to do this and if the traffic disappears just add .off back again, it's not a terminal thing when the traffic disappears, it will come back when you add .off again to the offending file.

Hi Andy and Burkhard

Well, the good news is that I have MTX back! :D I've only tried Bristol so far, but I think it's reasonably safe to assume if it's there, it'll be everywhere. My goodness, did FSX take a long time to load though. I hope that's not going to be a feature of the future but I expect it had a lot to take on this first time. After a defrag now, I'll start the tidying up process of deleting the MyTrafficX off file from the drive and then seeing what effect deleting the '.off' bgls one at a time has on MTX.

I can't thank you enough Andy. As always with me, you've been more than brilliant and very patient. Wish you lived next door! I bet you don't though! :lol:

Now Burkhard, what more can I tell you? I first purchased MTX 5.2a on the 6th.June 2009 on the recommendation of Tony M. I purchased it from SimMarket on Andy's recommendation and the installer is the 'SimMarket Edition Install Program'. As far as whether it works in the rest of the world is concerned, I have yet to find that out. However, as long as I can use it in the United Kingdom and USA, Canada and if I can't put the Australian traffic back on that I had to disable, there too, I'll be happy. Europe and other places will be nice but those I've mentioned are where I normally fly. I'll report back.

I have a theory running around in my head, and I know its not logical and shouldn't have made a difference, but perhaps I should have put all the Australian scenery back on before re-installing MTX. That may have prevented it from going belly up....maybe!

Well, I had better get on with the defragging. I imagine there's a lot to do.

Thanks again

John

Hi chaps. I'll not bother you but will leave you with a bit of a mystery.

I've made every one of those bgls that I put '.off' against active again by taking the '.off's away and guess what? MTX is working fine. I've had a little fly in Autralia from one of those Airports and they all work fine. In fact, everything works fine! :D

So what was that all about?!!! :roll: :?

Computers.......! :o...... Never fail.

All the best.

John

You may know that I have been tought the hard way that a spiritual world exists, far beyoond what we can understand. In this case though, the order in which FSX loads files which it considers to be of same prio level, and all traffic bgls are the same level, considers the last change date, and renaming ...

Hi Burkhard,

I barely understood half of that but a famous quote in this Country is from the legendary King Arthur to a very young Merlin (later the magician to his court) is; 'There are more things in heaven and earth than this world dreams of.'

Which is what I think you are saying. If so, I firmly believe that too.

John