The simFlight Network Forums

installing into FSX W7

B42L8

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.53

This is the log report per your instructions for installing a registered version of FSUIPC4........I just installed W7 (trial copy) and now have the job of reinstalling all of my addons, not all of which work perfectly, so any comments for me and others are much appreciated!!.............Then I have to do it again in a month when the actual purchase version is available B42L8

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

... NOT found! Asking user to find the .EXE instead ...

This is the log report per your instructions for installing a registered version of FSUIPC4........I just installed W7 (trial copy) and now have the job of reinstalling all of my addons

You need to install AND run FS before installing any add-ons for it, as the files the add-ons need aren't there otherwise.

Regards

Pete

thanks for the quick reply, but I have run FSX for the past two weeksbefore I started to install the addons.........but I did not run it immediately before I tried to install FSUIPC, is that what you mean??.......I had the FSUIPC on my FSX in Win XP, but loaded the trial copy of W7 last week, ran it several times, then started installing programs like REX. UT2, GEX, Carenado Mooney (which only loads unpainted planes), and tried this load today and get the log note attach;ed........any of this help in getting me started??...........regards, B42L8

thanks for the quick reply, but I have run FSX for the past two weeksbefore I started to install the addons.........but I did not run it immediately before I tried to install FSUIPC, is that what you mean??

No, I don't mean that. I just mean run it at least once after a correct install, so that the FSX.CFG file can be found in its proper place.

... loaded the trial copy of W7 last week, ran it several times, then started installing programs like ...

Well, it certainly looks like your install of FSX went wrong, because there's no registry entry for it showing its SetUpPath as there should certainly be.

... tried this load today and get the log note attach;ed

The "log not attached" being the extract from the Install log, you mean?

Where it says "... NOT found! Asking user to find the .EXE instead ...", at that point it asked you, the user, to find the FSX.EXE and select it in a file selector dialogue it presented. Had you done that, FSUIPC4 installer would have continued its install checks and may have proceeded to a successful install. Did you abort it there? If so, why?

If you had continued and the remaining checks turned out successful, FSUIPC's installer would have provided you the option to fix the missing Registry entry for you.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for getting me on the right track...........I was tring to direct the install to the FSX.exe file, NOT the main FSX program, and I loaded it from the NEW W7 FSX program in a new drive.........I have FS9 in Win XP and FSX in W7, so have to get used to loading in the right drive............in any case it now works in FSX............the joystick calibration in W7 is different in that I have to calibrate in both FSUIPC and FSX??..........is there or will there be any patch for W7?? Thanks again B42L8

the joystick calibration in W7 is different in that I have to calibrate in both FSUIPC and FSX??..........is there or will there be any patch for W7??

There's absolutely no difference for FSX or FSUIPC whether you use WinXP, Vista or Win7. There is no calibration facility in FSX at all -- there's only the main windows Game Controllers calibration, which is the basic calibration for any joystick device you should always check before using in any program, FSX or otherwise. (In Win7 i think that is "Game Controller Settings", in the properties of the device in the "Devices and Printers" part of the Control Panel).

FSUIPC's calibration is NOT working on the hardware joystick but on the controls inside FS itself -- in other words it is applying precise adjustments inside FS to whatever the externally calibrated joystick inputs provide by way of numbers. This is how it has always been. It has never changed since the facilities were added to FSUIPC some 9 years ago. If you want to use FSUIPC calibration with axes assigned in FSX you should ensure that the sensitivities are all set maximum (full right) and the null zones minimum (full left), otherwise you will be wasting much of your joystick's capabilities.

You can assign your joystick axes and buttons in FSX or in FSUIPC4 -- that is a different matter. Do not assign in both as then both will be active at the same time. FSUIPC's axis assignment facilities were added some 5 or 6 years ago.

Regards

Pete

I've got FSX and FS COmmander but I am unable to handshake the FSX and the FS Commander.

I downloaded and paid for the FSUIPC but don't understand the linking up and "initializing" of the FSUIPC. It could be clearer.

I would appreciate some clear directions on how to connect FSUIPC. I have written to Mr Dowson but so far have had no clarification on what to do. I've got his product but not his know how.

Regards

peejayh/ pj.hack@btinternet.com

Hi,

1. You purchase a registration key for FSUIPC4.

2. You register both FSUIPC and WideFS.

3. On the client machine you place the WideFS client.

4. On the client machine you run the WideFS client program.

5. You start FSX on the server machine.

6. You make sure both firewalls are allowing WideFS access.

7. You run FSC on the client.

Pete does eat and sleep! I am sure he will respond here or to your mail!!

I've got FSX and FS COmmander but I am unable to handshake the FSX and the FS Commander.

You should not have to do anything at all. It is all automatic between FS Commander and the FSUIPC4, module, once the latter is correctly installed.

I downloaded and paid for the FSUIPC

You certainly do NOT have to pay for FSUIPC to be able to usde its interface for applications. You really should have read the documentation for FS Commander first! It uses FSUIPC as an interface only, it is completely invisible to you. You do not need to do anything but install FSUIPC4 and install FS Commander, and follow the instructions for FSCommander in its own documentation.

I'm sorry you wasted your money on FSUIPC. You did not need to. And, incidentally, I assume you used a different email address when purchasing it, as "pj.hack@btinternet.com" is not listed as a registered user as far as I can tell?

but don't understand the linking up and "initializing" of the FSUIPC. It could be clearer.

What could be clearer? You run the FSUIPC installer. It installs into FSX. That's it! There's nothing else for you to understand! There's no "linking up" or "initialising" for you to do, and most certainly absolutely nothing whatsoever for you to do in FSUIPC. You need to follow whatever instructions you get for FS Commander!

I would appreciate some clear directions on how to connect FSUIPC.

There are none for connection to FSUIPC because you don't do anything. It isn't up to you to do anything at all! Once FSUIPC is installed the interface it provides is already automatically asvailable to programs like FSCommander.

I have written to Mr Dowson but so far have had no clarification on what to do.

You sent one public message here which I replied to privately asking you to repost without publishing your private details. I then had to DELETE your first message because you included your private registration details, which makes them open to use by pirates! I shall probably have to disable your registration key in any case if it looks like it is being used illegally.

You don't need one in any case for FSCommander.

I think you do seriously need to read the documentation which comes with FSCommander, not FSUIPC. If you don't understand it, please ask FSCommander support. I cannot undertake to support other folks' programs, especially ones I haven't even got!

Regards

Pete Dowson