The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 assignments on joystick are re written

A new phenomenon appeared recently, I have been using FSUIPC successfully and with no problem for years now to control my AETI yoke buttons and my 14 GoFlight modules, of course all of them are NOT in the assignments of the FS9 cfg only with FSUIPC. All of a sudden, my yoke buttons are now systematically loaded by FS9 with assignments I never allocated in the assignment menu... Each time I start FS9 I check the assignment menu, delete all joystick button assigned by FS9, go back to the cockpit, to realise that new assignments appeared (different from the ones I deleted). After the second set of deletion, I am ready to go...

How can I get rid of these strange assignments that I never created? Of course I realise this is not provoked by FSUIPC but I seek your expertise and kind help. I tried deleting FS9 cfg to create a new one to no avail, I investigated with the only new software addon I acquire lately, but they gave me the assurance that their programme cannot do this.

Thank you and best regards,

Jean-Claude

A new phenomenon appeared recently, I have been using FSUIPC successfully and with no problem for years now to control my AETI yoke buttons and my 14 GoFlight modules, of course all of them are NOT in the assignments of the FS9 cfg only with FSUIPC. All of a sudden, my yoke buttons are now systematically loaded by FS9 with assignments I never allocated in the assignment menu... Each time I start FS9 I check the assignment menu, delete all joystick button assigned by FS9, go back to the cockpit, to realise that new assignments appeared (different from the ones I deleted). After the second set of deletion, I am ready to go...

How can I get rid of these strange assignments that I never created? Of course I realise this is not provoked by FSUIPC but I seek your expertise and kind help. I tried deleting FS9 cfg to create a new one to no avail, I investigated with the only new software addon I acquire lately, but they gave me the assurance that their programme cannot do this

The only time FS actively assigns anything itself is when it sees a new joystick device attached. It sounds like your joystick is not starting connected and appears newly-connected each time.

I do not know of any way any programme can do this. It is more likely to be a hardware problem.

If you are not assigning anything through FS, only via FSUIPC, then disable the joystick altogether in FS -- you then do not have to un-assign anything.

Pete

Thamk you Pete, I appreciate your fast response on a Sunday morning to help me with something not even linked with FSUIPC! As always your assistance and knowledge in FS are unvaluable.

I did not think about the hardware issue and will investigate that tomorrow. I keep my joystick activated in FS because I am testing one add-on in Beta stage that has yet to "talk" to FSUIPC. But I will see how I could circumvent this. Again thank you so much for the tip.

With best regards,

Jean-Claude

• 2 weeks later...

The mystery is still there. After disconnecting my joxstick, uninstalling the CH driver and re-installing. erasing FS9 cfg file once more, I am still there with the same problem. I attach my FS9 cfg file with the joystick parts only, you may be able to point the problem at first glance to me.

All I want to have in my FS9 joystick assignments is my yoke axis and the pedals with the brakes, all other twelve joystick buttons are assigned in FSUIPC, my throttle GF TQ6 have their own separate set. Do you see anything suspicious there Pete? Why do we have what appears to be two identical sets of data by the way?

[JOYSTICK_MAIN {2FBCD620-07EA-11DE-8002-444553540000}]

AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_AILERONS_SET

AXIS_SCALE_00=64

AXIS_NULL_00=36

AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET

AXIS_SCALE_01=64

AXIS_NULL_01=36

AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_RUDDER_SET

AXIS_SCALE_05=64

AXIS_NULL_05=36

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_00=BRAKES

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_00=1

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_02=1

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_03=1

POV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1

[JOYSTICK_SLEW {2FBCD620-07EA-11DE-8002-444553540000}]

AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_SLEW_SIDEWAYS_SET

AXIS_SCALE_00=64

AXIS_NULL_00=36

AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_SLEW_AHEAD_SET

AXIS_SCALE_01=64

AXIS_NULL_01=36

AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_SLEW_HEADING_SET

AXIS_SCALE_05=64

AXIS_NULL_05=36

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_00=SLEW_RESET

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_01=VIEW_MODE

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_02=SLEW_ALTIT_PLUS

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_03=SLEW_ALTIT_MINUS

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_04=SLEW_PITCH_PLUS

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_05=SLEW_PITCH_MINUS

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_06=SLEW_BANK_MINUS

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_07=SLEW_BANK_PLUS

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_08=SLEW_FREEZE

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_09=SLEW_RESET

POV_MOVE_EVENT_00=PAN_VIEW

POV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1

[JOYSTICK_SLEW {EEC7B8B0-03D4-11DE-800D-444553540000}]

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_01=VIEW_MODE

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_09=SLEW_RESET

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 4870 .0]

Mode=1600x1200x32

MipBias=7

[JOYSTICK_MAIN {2FBCD620-07EA-11DE-80F2E16-00F30142071A9CB2072C4EC2072C4AC2FBCD620}]

AXIS_SCALE_00=64

AXIS_NULL_00=36

AXIS_SCALE_01=64

AXIS_NULL_01=36

AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_THROTTLE_SET

AXIS_SCALE_02=127

AXIS_NULL_02=1

AXIS_SCALE_05=64

AXIS_NULL_05=36

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_00=1

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_02=1

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_03=1

BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_08=VIEW_MODE

POV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1

[JOYSTICK_MAIN {2FBCD620-07EA-11DE-80F326E-00F346C2071A9CB2072C4EC2072C4AC2FBCD620}]

AXIS_SCALE_00=64

AXIS_NULL_00=36

AXIS_SCALE_01=64

AXIS_NULL_01=36

AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_THROTTLE_SET

AXIS_SCALE_02=127

AXIS_NULL_02=1

AXIS_SCALE_05=64

AXIS_NULL_05=36

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_00=1

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_02=1

BUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_03=1

POV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1

Many thanks for your kind help!

Jean-Claude

The mystery is still there. After disconnecting my joxstick, uninstalling the CH driver and re-installing. erasing FS9 cfg file once more, I am still there with the same problem. I attach my FS9 cfg file with the joystick parts only, you may be able to point the problem at first glance to me.

The part which keeps your joystick active is not in those sections, but is the line controlled by the Enable Joystick option in FS Options -- i.e. "JOYSTICKS=1" in the [CONTROLS] section of the CFG. That would be 0 if you disabled joysticks.

It's a long time since I looked at this stuff, but I think the automatic assignment of buttons and axes is controlled by files called "Devices.CFG" and maybe sometimes "Devices2.CFG" -- in the main FS folder. If you don't want to disable joysticks in FS altogether (which is generally the best option), you may need to find the sections in those files which relate to your joysticks and delete them or edit them to suit your needs. You'd need to delete those joystick sections in the FS9.CFG file too, of course.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete, this time again you pointed me the right direction, I don't believe I opened that Device file before, but by changing all default settings to 0, I could finally get rid of all default joysticks assignments (as it was before!!!) with one exception that I can't find a way to eliminate whatever I try: View (pan) that remains with the hat switch that I have mapped in FSUIPC with four different assignments. So I need to delete it manually upon starting FS until I figure a smart way to get it off once and for all.

Reiterated thanks for your kind help Pete.

Warmest regards,

Jean-Claude

T... one exception that I can't find a way to eliminate whatever I try: View (pan) that remains with the hat switch that I have mapped in FSUIPC with four different assignments. So I need to delete it manually upon starting FS until I figure a smart way to get it off once and for all.

The hat is known as a POV ("Point of View" control), and you'll find the assignment as something like:

POV_MOVE_EVENT_00=PAN_VIEW

POV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1

Regards

Pete