The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to install FSUIPC4

I have the registered program FSUIPC 4. I have read everything I can find. Is there a manual of how things work?

If there is I do not have it. All I get is the first screen "Options & Settings. Using FSX all upgrades, Vista Ultimate 32

bit. Have use the unregistered version for years with no problems. I am so far into trying and never successful that

I don't even have any good questions other then I cannot get anything to work. Questions without a manual are such

as -- how to start, how to save, how to turn off, keys to use etc etc. Hate to be in this position but I have truly tried

to get it too work. Using CH Pro flightstick and CH Pro pedals. Have turned off ALL CH and any reference to any

controlers other than FSUIPC4. Primary problems, axis, calibration, directing to FSUIPC calibration. Have used FS from

almost day one so not a novice but I am at a loss here. ANY help most appreciated.

Cliffp

I have the registered program FSUIPC 4. I have read everything I can find. Is there a manual of how things work?

If there is I do not have it.

What "things" are there to work? If you have no idea of what you want to use FSUIPC for, why did you buy it and register it?

There are three manuals provided with FSUIPC, and installed for oyu, and these are listed in the Installation guide. The only one most folks may want is called, obscurely, the "User Guide". It doesn't tell you "how things work" but only how to use the facilities FSUIPC offserts, if that's what you want to do.

All I get is the first screen "Options & Settings. Using FSX all upgrades, Vista Ultimate 32

bit.

What bit is that? Sorry, I do not recognise that.

Have use the unregistered version for years with no problems.

And all that time you never looked at any of the documentation provided? Why did you buy it if you didn't know what you were getting?

Regards

Pete

Questions without a manual ...

Have you managed to find the Manual yet? You've gone very quiet. I would still be interested to know the answers to the questions I posed. The current documentation has been developed over a long period through feedback from users, so if you think it still needs improvement then your feedback is still required.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

P.S. There's an unpleasant and rude, prejudiced Brit-hater who is trying to interfere with my Support efforts here and whose poison I am deleting when I see his name. I cannot read it any more as my blood pressure goes through the roof. Apologies if you wanted to read it and agree with him, but I am not tolerating such neo-racist types here, and may seek to get him banned from SimFlight altogether if he persists. It's only the second time in the nearly seven years I've been supporting my programs this way that I've had cause to delete messages, which I really don't like doing.

For what it's worth, Peter, given the nature of his first post I think your response was fair.

When I read his post I couldn't understand why he doesn't just read the user manual that comes with FSUIPC4 in the same download. RTFM comes to mind.

I donwloaded FSUIPC4 recently without a clue how to use it and I found your manual to be extremely comprehensive and very well written. I'm sure there are many, many people who appreciate FSUIPC and the support you provide.

For what it's worth, Peter, given the nature of his first post I think your response was fair.

When I read his post I couldn't understand why he doesn't just read the user manual that comes with FSUIPC4 in the same download. RTFM comes to mind.

I donwloaded FSUIPC4 recently without a clue how to use it and I found your manual to be extremely comprehensive and very well written. I'm sure there are many, many people who appreciate FSUIPC and the support you provide.

Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I do try to take a pride in my products, including documentation and support, and whilst I appreciate constructive feedback and hopefully take it on board, it does get somewhat upsetting when folks criticize it without showing what needs improvement, or simply appear not to have looked at it at all.

Feedback such as yours is always very encouraging and it certainly helps in motivating myself in continuing to try hard! ;=)

Thanks & Best Regards

Pete