The simFlight Network Forums
sunsetlounge

Jumping Airplanes on Airports

Hi @ all!

I've got a really funny situation with MyTraffic X 5.2a . After a successfull new installation of FSX, MyTraffic X and FS Global X I wanted to start a free flight. Everytime, when I am standing at an airport, and it's equal which airport it is, sometimes all airplanes are "jumping" . You can imagine it like a person who jumps at the point where he stands. After the airplanes have touchted the ground, smoke occurs from the tyres. The effect is like a landing aircraft when it touches the runway. The intervall of this funny "thing" what they are doing is about 6 or 7 seconds.

I deactivated FS Global X because I thought the installation is corrupt. But nothing has changed in a positive way to get rid of that.

Sorry about my English. As you can see I'm not an Amercian or Englishman :)

Greetings

Daniel

This is a known property of the FSX grafics engine in slew mode. Not the aircraft are jumping, but the ground is going down below them. If you aren't slewing, then we have to look again.

No, I'm not in a slew mode. I tried to solve this problem but I wasn't successful. I uninstalled MyTraffic to see if the same thing happens with the Standard-Traffic of FSX but that wrong effect didn't appear again. I installed MyTraffic and the ground is going down below again. I also uninstalled my Traffic and FSX because I believed that the FSX has got corrupt during the installation and the result is now that everything is the same since I have wrote this problem here. I searched with google for a solution for this problem but I didn'f find anything that could help. I re-installed the driver of my grafic card because I thought there was a bug in them.

That is strange. The MyTraffic 737 use exact copies of the air file and cfg file of the stock 738, and behave exactly like these. I will look if I can see this, and when I can replace the MT plane by a stock 738 to verify what happens.

Bye the way, I forgot to say that theese pictures were made at Munich Airport (EDDM) . I will test another airport and report it if the same thing happens or not. Maybe that this information helps you more.

Ok, now I was at Nurnberg Airport (EDDN) and I saw that only a several number of planes lost the ground. And the other ones were normal. Maybe I should reinstall MyTraffic again. I tried a few planes of World-of-Ai and everything was fine with them. They were taxing and standing normally an there was no tyre smoke caused by touch downs

I looked at Rome yesterday and didn't see any jumping for hours. I only used pilot camera, not view AI camera. But a deinstallation/new installation can :!: NEVER :!: solve such a problem, but only make it worse, since the scenery management of FSX is very sensitive to history. You are using the default Munich airport or an addon? Are you viewing as a pilot ( cockpit view) or using an AI camera?

If you see it at default Munich, do you still see it to happen when you rename MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_EDDM.bgl to BR2_EDDM.bgl.passive ? ( To rule out a conflict in the scenery ).

I renamed the file you told me but still nothing happens. The planes still falling down. The other add-ons which are installed were FS Global X and REX 2.0 . I know what you want to ask now :) . FS Global X had been deactivated too before I opened this thread :) . REX 2.0 can't make the problem because it's a weather add-on. The view of the camera is equal. It happens when I use the cockpit view, the ai-view or the chaser-view or how it's called :) and I'm using the default airports

I ran the simulation on a system here now in Munich for about an hour, viewing from cockpit as well as switching between aircraft that taxi with AI view camera. I saw not a single "jump", which would show up with tire smoke. System W7 64, FSX SP2, Core 2 Duo, ATI grafics card.

But I know what you speak of, have seen this on another system myself, but only through the View AI camera. Will check Munich over there.

I'm glad you know what I'm talking about. Normally when I uninstall and delete MyTraffic, FSX and every single file which belongs to them and install everything again, it works fine then. But now it's unnormal.

My system has also a core 2 duo cpu, a nvidia graphic card with the newest driver, w7 rc 32bit and FSX runs with SP 1 and 2 . It's similiar then yours except the grafic card.

I'm going to uninstall FSX and MyTraffic, clean my harddisk with abelssoft washandgo and ccleaner and finally install everything again. Maybe there are some old files of FSX and MyTraffic somewhere deeply in the system and old registry entries which are causing the problems. I'm going to report the result of theese actions when I'm finished with testing.

The reason is not really clear to me, and I still try to see it again. I had it I know during tests of the Il76 in View AI mode, not in cockpit mode, and now yes I didn't even notice I don't have it, didn't miss it.

I don't think that the grafics card/driver can do it alone, since I saw smoke effect generated during this bump, and that is something FSX must be aware of.

The reason is not really clear to me, and I still try to see it again. I had it I know during tests of the Il76 in View AI mode, not in cockpit mode, and now yes I didn't even notice I don't have it, didn't miss it. I don't think that the grafics card/driver can do it alone, since I saw smoke effect generated during this bump, and that is something FSX must be aware of.

Sorry when i'm saying it, but I don't really understand what you are meaning :? . It sounds to me that you have and saw the bumping, too?

During the afternoon I'm going to install everything again and I will report when I'm finished with testing.

That was a year ago, but since you asked and I remembered this I never saw it, and most likely not for many months. I had to reinstall FSX 3 months ago, maybe related to that???

I don't know. Perhaps you should make a protocol of all strange things that happen to FSX and MyTraffic with a working solution if you don't have anything like this until now :)

Ok, now I must say that I've got still the same problem. I cleaned my harddisk with CCleaner and WashandGo and the registry but nothing has changed :( . Now I think there are three possible malfunction origins:

1. My operating system has a malfunction somewhere (anyway I'm going to install windows 7 64 bit at the end of october)

2. On the originial dvds of FSX are some corrupted files

3. The MyTraffic download causes the problem and have to redownload it again.

I hope there is no damage on the FSX dvds :? . That would bei the worst case for me.

That might be a daily bible, with 90% due to the OS, 9% due to FSX and 1% due to MyTraffic. Checked version 5.2b beta all day long and had no jumping aircraft. Solution b) and c) can be excluded, in both cases the checksums would not be OK and the installer abort. I would look more into settings FSX stores about the graphics adapter that are no longer valid after a) an OS patch b) a driver update c) another addon d)another slider moved e) whenever I see it again I will chase it.

Your answer about the checksum sounds very logic. I'm going to reinstall my Computer tonight and hope that there are no problems then. And I know that the "jumping" planes were caused by the OS. If nothing is changed, then I must live with that little malfunction in FSX :( .

I hope you find the source for this bug :) . I suppose there are a lot of other people who have the same problem and no solution for it like me.

I will tell you what happen when I start FSX with MyTraffic after setting up the OS again. When the bug is gone, then the OS was guilty for it :) . A small note: I've got WINDOWS7 32Bit Realse Candidate installed :roll:

I very much doubt it is a OS install issue, its most likely to be a problem either with FSGlobal or a conflict with a duplicate AFCAD. Try renaming the folder where FSGlobal is installed as this will absolutely stop it from loading and causing an issue. Make sure you reboot the computer before you test again though as terrain mesh files can stay in memory between runs of FSX. Also check the World\Scenery\World folder for any files with names that have the same ICAO code included in them as the airports you are having problems with.

Thank you for the hint :) .

But I forgot to tell that FSGlobal isn't installed anymore since the last time I uninstalled FSX and MyTraffic and deleted the files which where left over manually. FSGlobal exist no longer on my harddisc. But I had the same idea a few days ago. It was one of my first ideas I got :) .

I tested at a lot of airports the last week, especially the last days: Munich, London Heathrow, Nurnberg, Cairo, New York John F. Kennedy, Tenerife (Reina Sofia). It happened all the time that some of the aircrafts jumped.

Now, I'm going to delete the operating system and setting it up again. There shouldn't be any files of FSX and other Add-ons more which "survived" the ereasing-process and could cause the bug again :D .

So, I reinstalled my OS, FSX and MyTraffic X and tested it succesful. I have no more "jumping" airplanes at the same airports which I checked yesterday.I think I had some corrupted files in my "old" windows which had caused that problem. I'm going to have an eye open for crazy acting airplanes on the ground and will report again when I find something unnormal :) .

Interesting. Fits to my unconcient experience. FSX scenery management is tricky, and since FS8 times there is a logical bookkeeping problem. FSX cannot search through all its sceneries at every startup, so it stores information in the scenery indices. When there are changes in a folder, indices for that folder are rebuilt, and for folders that are found to be affected by this, but not all. And when a scenery gets uninstalled before being removed from scenery libraray and FSX restarted once, all dependent folder contain wrong information.

For the future, if somebody stumbles across this post again having the same problem, given our both experience, I propose he just deletes all his scenery indices, and starts FSX, which lets FSX rebuild all of them - maybe the solution is as simple as that? Give it a 60% chance.

Yes, but not only the scenery management is tricky, the whole game is very difficult written and complexe. For each add-on, and it is equal what kind of add-on it is, there are a lot of sources which can cause errors to the simulator in every kind of way.

However, a last note to FSGlobal X and my problem: Before I unsinstalled FSGlobal I deaktivated the add-on in the scenery library of FSX because every member of a flight simulator forum is given the hint of the deactivation to other members who have add-on problems. So I did it, too. But in my case, I didn't get any positiv changes or happenings related to my problem here.

I don't like to erease my harddisk for a new windows installtion when a program or, in that case, FSX makes problems because there is no way anymore to find out what produces that bug to write a patch for it.

Thanks for your help, burkhard. I hope there isn't a bug in MyTraffic which makes things like this one here happening.

MyTraffic only contains aircraft made with FSX SP2 SDK, Schedules compiled with FSX SP2 SDK, and airports compiled with FSX SP2 SDK - so it has no chance to have any intrinsic problem of such kind, every bug on the technical level is a bug of FSX or FSX SDK.

MyTraffic could have a logical bug like Lufthansa A318 flying from O'Hare to JFK, or one aircraft costing too much CPU, or... but it is the big advantage that technical ones are impossible.