The simFlight Network Forums
sunsetlounge

Jumping Airplanes on Airports

Nothing can top the concept that a project has to be finished in a given time, when outer constraints make it impossible, and the bean counters talke the project from where it is a random day and publish it - FSX itself is astonishingly robust, much less crash problems than with any other FS before.

On your recommendation to develop a Flight Simulator myself - that is a very large project that no single indiviual or programmer can make - we speak of investments between 10 Mio and 30Mio Euro. If somebody dares to make that project, he knows he can count on my advice and a lot of material I have built up over more than a decade now, I'm sure he knows :lol:

I was too fast to get happy :(

It happens again now. I got some picture of military aircrafts in the UK. It's really equal which airport I select, it happens everywhere. I don't know what is going on or I installed something wrong. I also renamed the files from the airports into passive but it doesn't have an effect. The only add-ons are REX 2.0 and MyTraffic. Nothing else is installed.

When I took this picture I didn't zoom to have everthing in the original view.

If someone had the same problem and a working solution, it would be great when he post it here :)

post-34678-128689701622_thumb.png

post-34678-128689701667_thumb.png

post-34678-128689701717_thumb.png

You had REX installed the first time too? This is known to make unexpected problems with every addon... But as I said I had it before my last FSX reinstall too, but don't have it since months, so for the moment we have to book it as an unknown FSX feature. Just to make this sure, please rename Scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive back to trafficAircraft.bgl. Now you see the stock FSX aircraft. Do they behave similar, or don't they join the common dance?

I'm going to activate the default traffic aircraft and will report to it immediately. I don't like some rapping and breakdancing airplanes. It's more crackbrained than what the pilots in the movie "Soul Plane" do. I hope that there isn't any problem with REX or something else. I didn't find any other topics in other forums where that unnormal thing also is described by someone else.

Just noticed this thread. I have experienced this "jumping", "smoking" issue pretty much all over the place, but not often enough to do anything but laugh. But that's me. I can understand how this could drive you nuts if it's happening all the time. I do not use FS Global or REX so I think it's safe to rule those out as culprits...at least for this particular issue.

For what it's worth, I think we as smart simming techies tend sometimes to overlook the obvious: If the plane is hopping, if the plane is smoking, it's the plane.

Whether or not it's the SDK, DX10 or El Nino. If it only happens to the plane and nowhere else...well, it's the plane. :idea:

Ok, the default traffic doesn't dance, jump or smoke. But when I use MyTraffic and the default one together, the planes of MyTraffic are doing it.

So you say the default planes do not jump, only the MyTraffic planes jump, when they park side by side?

Just noticed this thread. I have experienced this "jumping", "smoking" issue pretty much all over the place, but not often enough to do anything but laugh. But that's me. I can understand how this could drive you nuts if it's happening all the time. I do not use FS Global or REX so I think it's safe to rule those out as culprits...at least for this particular issue.

For what it's worth, I think we as smart simming techies tend sometimes to overlook the obvious: If the plane is hopping, if the plane is smoking, it's the plane.

Whether or not it's the SDK, DX10 or El Nino. If it only happens to the plane and nowhere else...well, it's the plane. :idea:

Do you observe single planes jump from time to time, or all the planes jump the same second. That was what I saw way back and interpreted as a jump of the terrain. There is nothing coupling all the aircraft but the ground, so if all change their position relative to the ground its the ground.

It would be interesting to see if the same still happens in the 5.2b beta, nobody reported this yet from there, do you both want to give it a test?

I see single individual planes jumping and smoking wheels/tires. For me it is a rare occurrence but does happen, now and again. Nothing beats an intermittent issue to drive one bonkers.

To be clear, I have never seen all the planes jumping at the same time. I disable default aircraft so they are MTX planes.

Happy to assist with a beta if you think I can help out.

Best regards,

Well, that's an argument what you are saying. But the problem is, the plane is a part of MyTraffic. And MyTraffic is a part of FSX when you install it. And the plane is controlled by FSX and when a plane wants to be the next world's dancestar then you must know that this error is caused by a program malfunction. A plane should only hop when it's pilot makes a very bad landing. And it should only smoke when the tyres touches the runway during the landing.

In one point you are right: every person is different. For some people it's funny but it makes other one like me a bit nuts.

Do you observe single planes jump from time to time, or all the planes jump the same second. That was what I saw way back and interpreted as a jump of the terrain. There is nothing coupling all the aircraft but the ground, so if all change their position relative to the ground its the ground.

It would be interesting to see if the same still happens in the 5.2b beta, nobody reported this yet from there, do you both want to give it a test?

Well, the planes are jumping not simultan, but almost. When a plane jumps, the next one does it only maximum one second later and another one does it, too. The "loop" is finished after maxium 1 sekund and then I have sometimes a break of about 2 to 10 sekunds. After the break the loop starts again. I never saw something like that before. The last thing what I think it could be is my graphiccard. When nothing gets better in future than I believe my card doesn't calculate the orders and bits correctly and makes an output with errors that causes this jumping. It's only the last think I'm going to think about because a malfunction in the gpu or card wouldn't show me any picture on my monitor. The whole computer wouldn't start probably.

I'm installing know only MyTraffic and FSX without any FSGLOBAL and REX or other Add-ons. ONLY MyTraffic and FSX. I'm going to run FSX again and reporting when I'm glad or still nuts after the test :) . If the gracy acting is over, I won't need to test the 5.2b more because I have some error source which caused the "stoned pilots" :)

The grafics card I would exclude as source - it cannot call the smoke effect, that must be done by FSX. So you see somewhat like earth waves below the aircraft?

I will contact you vs. 5.2b via PM.

Yes, I thought that same about the graic card. No, It's like the ground is disappearing. The planes sinking down, jumping up like childs on a trampoline, and falling down into normal position. The smoke is caused when the planes are jumping during taxi.

I downloaded a few airplanes from WOAI and tested them know (of course I uninstalled MyTraffic for that). Those planes are really normal and there were standing and taxing like it should be with MyTraffic. So I think that this is a MyTraffic problem. When the WOAI-Planes would act like those from MT, then I could say FSX causes this problems.

What hardware do you have in your PC, if it is a slow and you have your settings set too high resulting in a low frame rates then it could simply be the LOD effect of the mesh loading (popping in a higher resolution mesh) as you move your view point around quickly, the hardware is not able to process the all the data quickly enough resulting in the hopping effect as the new more accurate terrain mesh is loaded in, which usually means a slight differences in altitude, hence the hop.

Maybe some how you have botched the install of FSGlobal mesh and you have two copies of the same mesh installed somewhere in a couple of active scenery folders and they are fighting one another for priority. Yeah I know I'm clutching at straws a bit here but this problem is really unusual, the hopping usually stops a few seconds after moving the camera view quickly to a new location, it shouldn't just keep bouncing constantly.

The LOD system creating earth quakes - interesting idea. Is the observer in slew mode or in free taxi-flight - that makes a big difference to LOD handling.

As I said before, I only have MT and FSX installed. NO FSGlobal 2008 or something elese. I thought it would be FS Global, too, but everything is still happening without FSGlobal. And when it's caused by the mesh-files of FSX, everyone must have the same problem like me.

To my view mode: Normal taxing and flying with normal speed. No acceleration or slew mode or anything else. So I think it's nor really the LOD effect at the end. Like I said, too: World-of-AI works very good and causes no strange effects or shows. Everything is like it should be. If WOAI airplanes act like the ones of MT, than I could say that everything comes from FSX and that it's the wrongdoer.

everyone must have the same problem like me.

That's just the point thought you seem to be the only person with this persistent fault.

Again can you please post you system spec.

Yes, it's very strange isn't it? Sorry, I wanted to write my system spec but I forgot to send the answer correctly :( .

Here's my system:

ASUS P5K Premium / Wifi

Core2Duo E8500 @ 3,6 GHz

Corsair 2x2048 MB DDR2-800MHz

3x Samsung Harddisc (I don't know the model) to RAID 0

XFX Geforce8800 GTX 768MB RAM

I also use the newest driver for my hardware. I think it's not caused by the hardware. It should fit the requirements of FSX to work fine.

I thought, too. You said something about LOD. Well, in the Nvidia Controlsystem there is a option called, i don't know it how it's called in English, something with LOD-Bias. I changed it from clamp to admit or allow or how it's defined there, but that doesn't help really much.

It's strange that the traffic of World-of-AI doesn't make the same sh**. It's only in MyTraffic. Is it possible that it could be something incompatible with the SPs from FSX? Or doesn't work MT no more without them?

LOD in the Nvidia drivers is not related to the meaning of LOD in FSX in any way so I'd suggest you put it back the way it was before. You need to have FSX SP2 or Acceleration installed to get the best out of MTX.

Ok, an uninstall of SP2 doesn't make any difference, everything is like the same before. Even dx10 doesn't work. Now I don't know anything more what it could be :( . I hope someone is programming a new flight simulator where everything works fine and is as easy as the FSX to handle with. Microsoft or the ACES Studios can do almost nothing, and what they produced is almost shit.

Yes, I knwo, but I thougt something will happen to get rid of those falling down effect. I'm testing know every possiblity to erease that thing. I hope that something is wrong with this version of MyTraffic and that everything gets better with 5.2b .