Hi Volker,

my configuration is

-FSX

-FSUIPC 4.52 registered

-FSC and DataBankManager 8.5

-download version from your website

-Vista 32

I have the following problem:

A few days ago I had to uninstall and reinstall FSC, FSX remained unchanged. Since then when I run the DataBaseManager and point it to the path where the FSX is, i get the following message: Laufzeitfehler '76' - Pfad nicht gefunden.

I tried a lot meanwhile, e.g. execute FSCFSXCFG.exe, nothing helped.

I hope you can give me the solution.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

the first time that a user has report this error message and the problem is that I can't verifying this message.

Would you please post or sent a screenshot from the situation.

Regards,

Volker

btw. please let me know the buildnumber of the DataBaseManager.

Hi Peter,

your settings in the registery must be wrong, because FSCommander searching for Drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX.

An access to your Desktop is illegal and the response from the program is error 76, path not found.

See also the screenshot in the current manual Page 11, Chapter Updating airports for FS X on a single computer

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

thanksfor response.

I found out, that fsx on my system stores the scenery.cfg not in the path you mentioned, but in

C:\Benutzer\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX .

How can I set FSC to look there for the scenery.cfg ?

Regards

Peter

P.S. I uninstalled FSC 8.5 again and installed vers. 8.0 This version works fine !!

Hi Peter,

sorry but, there is nothing what you or we can do because the new DatabaseManager is searching

in the registery for the path and found wrong entries.

Maybe you can edit the registery.

The old version are only searching for the scenery.cfg in the FSX folder and that was wrong because

any addon scenery you are installing will be written into the Drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg.

Please read:

In previous versions of Flight Simulator (including Flight Simulator 2004) the Scenery Library file

scenery.cfg is located in the same directory in which Flight Simulator itself is installed.

For reasons that even defy reasonable speculation this is no longer the case for FS X. Instead,

Microsoft has decided to place the Scenery Library file deep down into the Windows System drive

which in most cases will be the C:\ drive. By default the Scenery Library file is placed in C:

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Fsx\.

You will first select the Flight Simulator X path in the left selection box. At this point the Database

Manager will automatically set the Scenery Library path in the right selection box.

Regards,

Volker

Hi,

I've just reinstalled Windows 7 Professional x64, FSX and FSC and tried to Update the FSC Database. But this time I'm getting the same error message as mentioned above.

What can I do to get FSC to work again? I already tried the FSCFSXCFG.exe. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the programs.

I bought FSC a while ago and don't want to miss it.........and the money ;-)

Regards,

Hagi

BTW: Installed: FSX with Acceleration Pack, FSC8.5 Build 230309, nothing else

1. FSX

2. FSUIPC4 4.53

3. FS Commander 8.5 and Database Manager version 8.5 Net (Build 230309)

4. download version from website

5. Operating System Windows 7 Professional x64

Hi Hagi,

I can't verifying your problem because I have just install FSX and FSCommander on my Windows 7 (64bit) system

and everything is working well withount any error.

Have you read and understanding this announcement :

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=66110

and have you install the FSCommander as administrator, not only run as administrator???

If this not help, please send following files to my e-mail adress wich you find at the bottom on our homepage:

FSCDBM_FS10.LOG, FSC_Error.LOG, FSC_Info.LOG, FSC_Protocol.log.

Regards,

Volker

btw

I advise that you install FSX and FSCommander on a seperate dive or partition because Vista and Windows 7 will write-protected

any program which is installed on Drive C in the Program Files folder

Hi Volker

Sorry, i've forgott to write my exact computer configuration, but this is the same like the posts before.

FSX SP2

FSUIPC4 4.53

FS Commander 8.5 and Database Manager version 8.5 Net (Build 230309)

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I've tried all of them before, but no solution. On Vista x64 it was running without any problem.

The FSC database Manager doesn't create any logfiles. All Logfiles are empty..

Mike

Hi Mike,

the problem has todo with the UAC.

Workaround:

Open the FSC folder, select the file FSCDbManager85.exe and create a new shortcut on to your desktop,

create also a new shortcut for the FSCxx.EXE on your desktop.

Right mouse click on the FSCDbManager85 shortcut,

select properties, select tab Shortcut, select Advanced, activate Run as adminstrator, O.K.

select tab compatibility, make sure that below the Privelege Level the "Run this program as administrator" is also activated, Apply, O.K.

Now the same procedure for the FSC85 shortcut.

After done, please run allways the program with the shortcut from your desktop.

Now run the FSCDbManagerxx.

To prevent all this procedure, just install the FSCommander on another drive or partion and not under Program Files (x86)

Regards,

Volker