The simFlight Network Forums

Option for start window

guenseli

Hello,

Is it possible to add a option if I'd like to see the airport selection screen at startup of FSC?

For 80% of my flights I always start at the same airport, so FSC could remeber the last airport and start there automatically without asking which airport I'd like to select.

Would be a nice little improvement for me.

Thank you very much for answering!

guenter

Hi Volker,

FSCommander is launching allways with the Airport Selection window.

Yes... and I'd like to have a option that FSC isn't starting ALWAYS with this window, if possible.

As I said, I start for 80% at the same airport and therefor I don't need to select my airport at every start.

So, if FSC could remember the last airport (wich FSC does with the airport selection actually) and start simply and show the map without the need of the selecting an airport.

Maybe there should be a simple option mark where I can decide "show airport selection window at startup: yes/no"

Hopefully I have explained it better now,

thank you,

guenter

Yes, you are right, Volker.

But then the GPS connection is enabled...

Sorry, I explain it in german:

ich benutze FSC in aller Regel "nur" als Karte und navigiere bei meinen Flügen gerne mittels VOR, NDb etc.

Wenn ich nun mein Flugzeugsymbol sehe, dann kenne ich meine Position ja schon...

Darum wollte ich ja in einem anderen Thread schonmal die Möglichkeit einer Kreuzpeilung implementiert haben, was ihr aber leider, leider abgelehnt habt.

Ich finde es einfach wesentlich spannender, an mein Ziel zu gelangen, ohne auf einer Karte genau meine Position GPS-genau zu sehen.

Die von Dir angesprochene Funktion trifft es ja schon fast, was ich mir vorstellen würde, eben dann nur ohne auch sofort GPS connected zu sein, das wäre super.

Aber ich denke mal, dass ein so ausgefallener Einzelwunsch den Aufwand nicht rechtfertigt...?

Sorry nochmal, dass ich in deutsch antworten musste, aber das fällt mir in dem Fall leichter und wird die Ausnahme bleiben.

Viele Grüße,

Günter