The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft are misplaced

FlightTwo

Burkhard,

If you add an airport, in order to get the best use of the airport it is my understanding that you should do an airport dump, import that into the Editor, export the airport dat file and then run create>schedule, files & traffic.

Is this the way that you should do it if you want to get all of the new airport's feature into MTX?

If not then I would like to know because the above is what I have been doing. I add a lot of addon airport freeware and after every five or so that I add I go through the above process.

Rod

This process is not necessary, but may make sense.

When scenery library order is correct, all aircraft will use the airport as it is installed and not the MyTraffic airport that is operating on a dead visible scenery that does not fit to it.

If the number of parkings and their size is near to what they are in MyTraffic, all will work well. It may be that the addon airport has far less parkings, maybe because some of the apron area is filled by dead static scenery. In such a case the MyTraffic schedules may require too much from the airport, it cannot handle what the MyTraffic supplied airport version can handle. In this case the procedure to adjust the schedules to what the airport can handle will improve the experience.

FSX.cfg always resides in your user profiles, and MyTraffic Communicator should open this. If it doesnt, it always is in

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX , you can open it there manually.

By the way, a non standard location of FSX isn't a good idea to my experience, but others say other.

hi Burkhard,

i had no Option to browse for the fsx.cfg. If i selekt the Manage fsx. A massage comes up couldnt found it ,.please selekt "abort "cancel" or "continuing". But no Option "Browse for it". With the Option Continuing the window get closed. However : i clicked and tryed other ways to become the screen what i become if i install MT over the normal way. And i dont know what i did but at any time i get the screen. And MT Ai was working in the Fsx.

Greetings :)