The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC usabilty extent

Hi there,

until now I've always used FSUIPC as the freeware version with all sorts of stuff like FSINN etc. and never looked at the true potential it offers in the payware version, so I'm all new to this right now, however I am forced to deal with it now by my newly acquired Saitek Panels.

They work fine by themselves with aircraft like the standart Cessna, but of course, when it comes to more complex planes like a CS 757 or a F1 Mustang, something more sohpisticated is required for a satisfying configuration.

So now I'm wondering, how far does FSUIPC go, is there a "guarantee" that I'll be able to configure e.g. all of the autopilot switches of the Mustang to specific buttons on my Saitek Panel? And will it be possible to configure things like the different light switches of the CS757 to any of the buttons on my Switch panel individually?

Or is there a certain restriction, like the developers? What I'm thinking is that maybe (now just as an example) CS has configured their autopilot switches ALT, HDG select etc. in a more or less common way, and I'll be able to set those to the Saitek Panels, but then the left AP engage button for example was programmed in a company own way and it can't be configured to the AP button on the panel?

Just something I'm still wondering about - If I can be certain however that all those buttons in all kinds of different planes from all kinds of different developers can be configured easily to a button on my Saitek Hardware, then be sure that I'll be a proud and happy customer of yours within the hour ;)

So now I'm wondering, how far does FSUIPC go, is there a "guarantee" that I'll be able to configure e.g. all of the autopilot switches of the Mustang to specific buttons on my Saitek Panel?

No, no way. I cannot tell if any of the methods provided in FSUIPC for assisting with hardware control assignments will work with every product available, whether hardware or software. The facilities FSUIPC provides are described in its documentation, which is available to read without any purchase. You have to make up your own mind, or take advice from other users of your hardware and software combination.

Just something I'm still wondering about - If I can be certain however that all those buttons in all kinds of different planes from all kinds of different developers can be configured easily to a button on my Saitek Hardware, then be sure that I'll be a proud and happy customer of yours within the hour ;)

Sorry, there's no way such assurances can be given. It is just not possible.

Regards

Pete