The simFlight Network Forums

Radar Weather Tilt setting / FSUIPC

Hi Peter

I am using SA_WXR (Radar weather) + PM. I would like to implement the Tilt adjustment (increase "UP" decrease "Down") based on either rotactor switch, or better, on Encoder. Can you tell if it is possible to set FSUIPC to do that, and how can I do it? Thanks for your help. Milou

Hi Peter

I am using SA_WXR (Radar weather) + PM. I would like to implement the Tilt adjustment (increase "UP" decrease "Down") based on either rotactor switch, or better, on Encoder. Can you tell if it is possible to set FSUIPC to do that, and how can I do it? Thanks for your help. Milou

I'm pretty sure SA_WXR uses FSUIPC for these settings. Have you checked? I've not got access at present to my copy -- I can look tomorrow, but it would be quicker if you can find the documentation and therefore the offsets concerned. You can then simply assign button actions to the relevant Offset control (Offset Byte, probably) to set it, increment it, or decrement it, depending how you wanted to use your switch.

I don't know what a "rotactor" switch is, but an encoder normally only gives increments or decrements so it really acts like a two-way centre-off sprung toggle. It is more complicated to program if it isn't one of the easy types which look like two buttons, pulsing on one for one direction and on the other for the other direction.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for your quick response. I Have checked the SA_WXR documentation : Offset used are 0x6D00 0x6D02 0x6D03

0x6D00 Control-Word at (Write) 0x6D00 as long as Bit 7 = 1 which means switch

mode:

Bit7 Bit6 Bit5 Bit4 Bit3 Bit2 Bit1 Bit0

Toggle/ Range2 Range1 Range0 OFP ON GCS ON Mode 1 Mode 0

Switch

select

(1)

Bit15 Bit14 Bit13 Bit12 Bit11 Bit10 Bit9 Bit8

Tilt7 Tilt6 Tilt5 Tilt4 Tilt3 Tilt2 Tilt1 Tilt0

Status Byte at (Read) 0x6D02

Bit7 Bit6 Bit5 Bit4 Bit3 Bit2 Bit1 Bit0

Window Range2 Range1 Range0 OFP ON GCS ON Mode 1 Mode 0

active

The problem is: Range Offsets 0x6D00

are Available for your own applications: "apply for allocations to Pete Dowson"

How can we use these offsets in FSUIPC?

Thanks Pete for your help

The problem is: Range Offsets 0x6D00

are Available for your own applications: "apply for allocations to Pete Dowson"

Erdoes it say that's a problem or is it you saying that? I've no idea what this is about -- the offsets SA_WXR uses were applied for and allocated years ago.

How can we use these offsets in FSUIPC?

By assigning buttons, switches or keypresses to the Offset controls, with the offset value (eg x6D00) in the offset field, and the value in the parameter field. As I pointed out, there are facilities for BYTES (like 6D02, as it states in the doc you found), and for WORDS (like 6D00, in thge doc you found), and you can set complete values (by the Offset byte set ot Offset word set controls) or change bits (by using the setbits, clearbits or togglebits controls). You can use any of the facilities you just listed by such assignments.

What is it you don't understand?

For help with SA_WXR itself (a program I use but don't really understand it all), you'd be better off talking to the author. I can only help clarify any issues you have with using FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Pete Wrote : Erdoes it say that's a problem or is it you saying that? I've no idea what this is about -- the offsets SA_WXR uses were applied for and allocated years ago.

I am Saying that, because when I have checked your OFFSETS List this range of Offsets are dedicated to your own use

What is it you don't understand?

I have checked in FSUIPC list, this Offset is not availabe. how can I add it in FSUIPC.

For help with SA_WXR itself (a program I use but don't really understand it all), you'd be better off talking to the author

Unfortunatelly, I think the SA_WXR support does not exist anymore. The question is not according to SA_WXR, but how can I add available offset in FSUIPC

Thanks Pete

I am Saying that, because when I have checked your OFFSETS List this range of Offsets are dedicated to your own use

Erno, in your quote it says apply for allocation -- which is exactly what application writers who need offsets do!

And how old is that offsets list you are reading? It must be very old, as those offsets were assigned and reserved a long time ago. The current one actually marks all of 6700 to 6D60 as "reserved". Please do keep up to date if you want to use FSUIPC effectively. :-(

I have checked in FSUIPC list, this Offset is not availabe. how can I add it in FSUIPC.

What on Earth do you mean, "not available"? It was assigned to SA_WXR years ago. It is used by SA_WXR for the purpose defined in its own documentation, as you have in fact shown me! Please refer to the SA_WXR offsets list which defines SA_WXR's use of those offsets. I do not list, in my documents, all of the private uses of offsets such as those made by SA_WXR!

Unfortunatelly, I think the SA_WXR support does not exist anymore. The question is not according to SA_WXR, but how can I add available offset in FSUIPC

You NEVER EVER "add" offsets to FSUIPC. The offsets range from 0000 to FFFF and always have, right since version 1 and FS98. The all exist. You don't "add" or "Subtract" them! They just "are"!

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if you could tell me how you got your tilt working using FSUIPC.

It's something I have never managed to figure out.

Actually, forgive me for butting in, but having cockpit buttons for these SA_WXR functions is something I've managed to get working just recently. So, here are my Button parameters:

334=P66,2,Cx01006D01,x00 ; WXR Tilt reset

335=P66,2,Cx01006D00,x11 ; ditto

336=P66,3,Cx31006D01,x003C0001 ; WXR tilt up (+ve)

337=P66,3,Cx01006D00,x11 ; ditto

338=P66,7,Cx41006D01,xFFC40001 ; WXR tilt down (+ve)

339=P66,7,Cx01006D00,x11 ; ditto

These are lifted directly from my FSUIPC INI file, so ignore the line numbers (change them to suit your INI), and of course change the Joystick Numbers (66 here -- part of the Virtual Buttons used on my touch screen via WideClient), and Button numbers (2, 3 and 7 here) to suit your needs.

Note that there are two Offset controls needed for each operation. The common one for all three is the one which tells WA_WXR to obey the other in the correct way.

Regards

Pete