The simFlight Network Forums
SKYWARRIOR

Which f/Plan to follow

Hi,

Newbie question.

Running 64 bit Vista T/Hd 3 screens and lots of goodies. Like FS Commander a lot but cannot quite determine the best way to use it with the FSX Flight Planner. I plan my flight in FSC (all OK so far) I must make sure both planners and ATC have the correct runway ( I am being place at the runway threshold for now) I choose my SID and Star and request take off. I then follow FSC SID but the FSX ATC starts to immediately vector me in another direction. Ok I can ignore this but then I get into conflict with ATC and get struck off ! Also If I ignore them then there is no dialogue to enhance the experience. On arrival my STAR is completely different to FSC so here we go again.

Can you advise me where I am going wrong and the best way to get the most out of both inputs.

FSC runs on networked Wind XP as a complete screen, and thats great.

Regards

David

Hi David,

you are doing nothing wrong but

loading a flight plan into the FSX has no influence on ATC communication,

because FSX knowing nothing about SID's,Star's, Fixes etc.

It's an internal FSX problem.

Regards,

Volker

Hello David,

if you fly online with IVAO or VATSIM, you can export your FSC flight plan and send it to the online ATC with SID and STAR. In case of ATC allow your flight plan, you will fly as filed. Online ATC is much much realer, so real that you will no more fly with Offline ATC. :wink:

Best regards

Eric

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I am a relative newbie at this and don't have the confidence yet to fly online. However is ti possible to export the FSC flight plan into FSX offline for the time being or is it that the software used offline is completely different?

Thank you for your help

Regards

David

Hello David,

Volker wrote FSX know nothing about SIDs and STARs. If your Flight plan is conform to FAA Rules and so contain a SID with Fixes, FSX dont know where are the Fixepoints, you will be send form ATC directly to the next FSX Knowed Waypoint. FSX can´t know SIDs and STARs, because they are continuously updated every Month. This Feature is unfortunately not include in FS ATC, consequently it is verry unrealistic.

Online ATCs give steady newbie-Days where you can learn to fly with "real" ATC-controler. Don´t be Afraid, take a look at IVAO or VATSIM.

Best regards

Eric