The simFlight Network Forums

Squawkbox 4 PTT

I have searched a number of forums but I can't seem to find a way to map a joystick button to SB4 running on a remote computer. I've tried mapping PTT through FSX but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried sending a keystroke value through WideFS but that doesn't seem to work either. I realize that SB4 uses simconnect rather than WideFS, but I'm hoping that there's some way to still make the PTT function work.

Thanks

I have searched a number of forums but I can't seem to find a way to map a joystick button to SB4 running on a remote computer. I've tried mapping PTT through FSX but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried sending a keystroke value through WideFS but that doesn't seem to work either. I realize that SB4 uses simconnect rather than WideFS, but I'm hoping that there's some way to still make the PTT function work.

Unless they#ve messed it up in a recent update, I'm pretty sure the normal SB/Roger Wilco PTT facility works with SB4 as it did with SB3. At least it did when I tried SB4 many months ago. I was planning to do some on-line flights, but they've not (yet) implemented a way of operating the Transponder mode and ident from hardware buttons -- in SB3 it was easily possible via FSUIPC offsets. I suggested a method for this which wouldn't involve SB4 linking to FSUIPC, but that was over a year ago -- and they said they would "discuss it". Never heard or seen anything since.

So, if I eventually do decide to try on-line flying I think I will investigate the FSInn route, as they seem to be a little more aware of cockpit-builders needs and FSInn still seems live. Last time I looked SB4 was still in Beta, or has it actually been officially released by now?

Regards

Pete

I did get it to work with the PTT. I'm not sure what I did the first time, maybe something needed to be restarted for it to work. In any event, I'm a happy camper now.

Yes, SB4 is still in beta. I guess it would have to be since they haven't released any updates since the original beta version over a year ago. I'd be really happy if Vatsim would allow payware and somebody would produce a supported application. It's not like most of us who fly online don't already spend a bunch of money on add ons.

I did get it to work with the PTT. I'm not sure what I did the first time, maybe something needed to be restarted for it to work. In any event, I'm a happy camper now.

Good!

Yes, SB4 is still in beta. I guess it would have to be since they haven't released any updates since the original beta version over a year ago.

Strange, that. I assume other commitments have overtaken the developers.

Regards

Pete