The simFlight Network Forums
gihanjay

FSC, PMDG J41 and Windows 7

FSX Version: 9.1

FSUIPC Version: 4.00 with latest update

FSC Version: 8.5

Download from Simmarket

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to find a solution to why non of my flightplans show up on the PMDG J41 FMS. I have followed the instructions and installed FSC as administrator, but non of the files are showing up.

After searching for my files, I found them in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Level-D Simulations\navdata\Flightplans and not in it right folder Flight Sim x/PMDG/Flightplans. Even after copying the files to the PMDG Flightplan folder, they still do not show up. Only 8 flight plans (default plans) show up and non of the one I copied to the PMDG Flight plan folder.

Any help would be great.

Gihan

Hello Gihan,

are you sure you flightplan was saved for PMDG? Please make sure Level-d is disabled and PMDG is enabled (See Attachement).

Best Regard

Eric

post-3369-128689702168_thumb.jpg

Hi Volker and Eric,

On Windows XP and I think Vista, the files go to the correct folders but the exception is Windows 7, where the Level D and PMDG Flight Plans are saved in

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS. I tried various options but it always copies it there. When I copy the RTE files for Level D and PMDG in its respectable locations, then the FMS reads them well. I just have to remember to copy or move the files once I create the flight plan using FSC.

If the software can be updated to save it to the correct location if Windows 7 is installed that will be great.

Thank you once again Eric for the reply.

Gihan

Hi Gihan,

We cannot quite understand, why you have the following path:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Level-D Simulations\navdata\Flightplans

What puzzles us, is the path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\.

We have installed 2 Systems working with Windows 7 and where FSX is installed and the path in both is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

WE have also installed on both systems (windows 7) FSCommander and see the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FSC\

In BOTH cases the saving of the flightplans is correct.

Our strongly recommend all users to install FSX and FSCommander on another Drive. i.E. : D:\FSX and D:\FSC

A question to all users: does anyone know the reason, why FSX would be

installed under the following path: :\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ ???

Volker & Terence

Hello Volker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

These are the folder in my PC.

First of all, FSX was installed in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

FSC was installed in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\FSC\

And all files such as RTE for Level D and PMDG was saved in this path C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Level-D Simulations\navdata\Flightplans by default by when I saved my flightsplans. The PLN files were saved in this folder C:\Users\User\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files and other files were saved in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\FSC\.

I must stay that the version I have installed on the Game PC is Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I wonder if this has anything to do with the folder locations FSC is trying to save the RTE files?

This is a very interesting article I came across while searching for Windows 7 and Virtual Store folder.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5538#toc3

Even though it was the Vista version they were talking about, this is repeating in Windows 7 as well. The first time I installed FSC, I did not follow your recommendation, since it was Windows 7, to install with the option Run as Administrator, then after this I removed it and then ran it as Administrator.

Gihan