The simFlight Network Forums

Looking for FPA adjustment control

Does anyone know what the control name is or an offset that will allow adjustment to the flight path angle? I am using VASfmc which adds a bunch of their own controls to the FSUIPC controls dropdown, but non of them will adjust the FPA. I can switch between v/s mode and fpa mode, but I just can't adjust the angle once in that mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

Does anyone know what the control name is or an offset that will allow adjustment to the flight path angle? I am using VASfmc which adds a bunch of their own controls to the FSUIPC controls dropdown, but non of them will adjust the FPA. I can switch between v/s mode and fpa mode, but I just can't adjust the angle once in that mode

I don't know VASfmc, but if it is simulating a proper FMC then the FPA value is set in the descent page of the CDU. I don't think any FMC implementation would provide controls for all of the CDU functions, there's too much and mostly it has to be done using the CDU keyboard and buttons. And I don't know how VasFMC uses its offsets if it has any (I don't recall if it has an allotment offhand, sorry).

Regards

Pete

I don't know VASfmc, but if it is simulating a proper FMC then the FPA value is set in the descent page of the CDU. I don't think any FMC implementation would provide controls for all of the CDU functions, there's too much and mostly it has to be done using the CDU keyboard and buttons.

I got a response back on their forum and there is no offset at present to adjust it, but it will be available in the next release. VasFMC mimics an Airbus A320 style FCU/Autopilot and the control panel has a knob for adjusting V/S but when in FPA mode it also works for adjusting the flight path angle. When in V/S mode it works via FSUIPC, but when in FPA mode it doesn't. Their implementation doesn't yet do VNAV.

And I don't know how VasFMC uses its offsets if it has any (I don't recall if it has an allotment offhand, sorry).

Yes, they do have several to control many aspects of the system, just not FPA yet. It's still very usable without it, but like you, I'm trying to avoid using any keyboard or mouse input. I just wish there were a buttonscreen like in wideclient that would work for X-Plane because I'm thinking of gradually switching over to it.

-Rich

I got a response back on their forum and there is no offset at present to adjust it, but it will be available in the next release. VasFMC mimics an Airbus A320 style FCU/Autopilot and the control panel has a knob for adjusting V/S but when in FPA mode it also works for adjusting the flight path angle.

Oh, right. I understand now. Quite different from Boeing then.

... work for X-Plane because I'm thinking of gradually switching over to it.

I had a copy of X-Plane sitting here for months. One idle moment I decided to install it and take a look.

I'm afraid I don't like it. As far as I could tell this version 9.xx is pretty much still as bad, graphically and scenery-wise, as when I first looked at it back in version 6 or 7 days (when it was about four times the price). And, to me, the flight models still suck.

But each to his own! ;-)

Regards

Pete

I'm afraid I don't like it. As far as I could tell this version 9.xx is pretty much still as bad, graphically and scenery-wise, as when I first looked at it back in version 6 or 7 days (when it was about four times the price). And, to me, the flight models still suck.

I flew a bit more with it tonight and I'm with you! Went to Chicago O'hare and it didn't have a terminal or taxi / runway lights etc. FS is worlds ahead of them. I guess they have time to catch up at least. Hopefully the folks at X-Plane know what they're up against. I'll be sticking with FSX for a while to come.

-Rich