The simFlight Network Forums

Hide Duplicated Flights not working

GraemeL

I am using Traffic X with SuperTrafficBoard V2.2

When I go to any airport there seems to be a duplicate of almost every departure.

At KCVG there was about 51 aircraft with about 16 duplicates, 1 triplicate and 1 quadruplicate (if that’s possible). These duplicates are there as soon as the airport is loaded. They don’t just build up over time.

In the Settings – Data Interpretation section, the Hide Duplicated Flights box is checked. I have tried to uncheck then save, recheck then save, restart STB, but this didn’t change anything. Is there a reason for this and a way to fix it.

As it is possible to delete AI flights manually, is it possible to add a feature in the future to automatically delete duplicate flights.

Thanks

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Are the duplicates there as soon as you connect STB to FSX? It sounds like they will be if you see them straight away rather than building up over time. The "Hide Duplicates" function is designed to mitigate FSX behaviour when STB deletes aircraft. For instance, STB resolves an approach airspace conflict by deleting an aircraft and recreating it at the gate. Sometimes however FSX looks at it schedule and spots the aircraft is "missing" (it cannot see that STB has recreated it) and creates another one. This typically happens after the aircraft was due to depart, and in flight some miles away from the departure airport. That is the duplicate that STB hides. If there are duplicates designed into the schedules there's not much I can do about that, perhaps Just Flight can help?

Regards

Simon

Simon,

The duplicates show as soon as the airport is loaded and also show up in FSXs Traffic Toolbox Explorer. I’m not sure if this is created by Traffic X or FSX itself??

If it’s not possible to hide these then I guess the next step is to see if someone at the Just Flight forum has a solution.

I know you can manually delete each duplicate one at a time but maybe there is someone out in flight sim world that has the ability to design some software that could delete duplicates or maybe you could incorporate it into your software.

Thanks

Graeme