The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 issue with Thrust Reversers(keyboard)

Hello,

I recently installed the Tinmouse v2 732 and updated my FSUIPC to the latest available for FS2004 (on oct 28 2009).

After that all my twin engine aircraft including the 732, have a reverser problem. When I press the reverser key, only the left (ENG 1) reverser opens up. The right (ENG 2) reverser opens for 2-5 sec then switches off. I press F1 to return throttles to neutral, then press F2 again and the same. The No 2 reverser just goes back to idle itself.

Could this be only one engine is working? But the engine selection 'E' key is inactive in my system. And on take off, when I increase power; BOTH engines respond normally.

Its happening to all my airplanes; Tinmouse 732, kitty hawk 737, Aerosim 737, CLS airbus 330s, Project Airbus A320s.........

I saw on this forum, someone else had a similar problem, BUT with a joystick.

I am using my KEYBOARD, never have and probably never will use a joystick.

And IAS/ A/T/ A/P are NOT engaged when I am using the reversers.

thanks.

I recently installed the Tinmouse v2 732 and updated my FSUIPC to the latest available for FS2004 (on oct 28 2009).

Sorry, I've no idea what "Tinmouse" is.

After that all my twin engine aircraft including the 732, have a reverser problem. When I press the reverser key, only the left (ENG 1) reverser opens up. The right (ENG 2) reverser opens for 2-5 sec then switches off. I press F1 to return throttles to neutral, then press F2 again and the same. The No 2 reverser just goes back to idle itself.

Sounds like something is connected to throttle number two and its input is controlling things.

Could this be only one engine is working?

It doesn't sound like it, as you said #2 reverser opens for a time.

But the engine selection 'E' key is inactive in my system.

And why is that?

Its happening to all my airplanes; Tinmouse 732, kitty hawk 737, Aerosim 737, CLS airbus 330s, Project Airbus A320s.........

Ah, so "Tinmouse" is an aeroplane? What do you think that might have to do with it?

I saw on this forum, someone else had a similar problem, BUT with a joystick.

Really, I don't recall that.

I am using my KEYBOARD, never have and probably never will use a joystick.

So, have you any joysticks assigned? Have you gone into the FS menu and explicitly disabled any?

I'm not sure why you are coming here. Do you suspect FSUIPC for some reason? Is it registered? Have you used any options in FSUIPC? It doesn't do anything unless it is told to.

Regards

Pete