The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic X 5.2b professional

Dear friends, the final version of the latest and best MyTraffic ever has been uploaded to Simmarket and should become available over the weekend. Also, the free incremental upload from 5.2a is in upload currently.

The experience of the last updates showed that most of the necessary patches came from the update process and not from the version itself. So my idea this time is to also distribute all the installers, and basically run a complete remove/rebuild of MyTraffic from all the existing and the new or updated installers. Unfortunately, this makes the updates very big - 800MB++ . So we have to use the really powerful systems that are used to share files for this ourpose instead of our own, too small server. So the Communicator will determine what files you need, and just download the matching download/update instructions for you. I hope this works well...

I will add here as soon as these updates are available.

What is new in 5.2b? You already have seen lots of scrrenshots under viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77812 . 19 models have been made new from scratch for FSX since 5.2a, the biggest the B772F, the smallest the Cessna 150. Amphibians ride the waves, have a visit to Male, the US Navy has been fulle equipped with shiny new models, the most important European projects Tornado, Transall and Typhoon too - just enjoy. Scheduling has got another big boost. And last not least the Mega Airport of VTRS, the new Bangkok airport, is included.

Let me use this opportunity to thank all those who have contributed, Matthew, Mikail, Simon, Kambiz, Jan, Guenter, Peter, and sorry whom I forgot, and thanks to all the testers to find som etiny and some not so tiny issues...

I found it, I made a tiny logical error half a year ago in the communicator that you have. All I can do today is to offer you the following go around:

If you have version 5.2 currently installed, the method works.

If you have 5.2a installed, the Communicator gets no server response. In this case end the window and edit MT_VersionX.txt, removing the last a, so that its content is just

MTXV52

Now you can download the install instructions. This a zipped html-File only, so will be there in a second or faster. You will find it as MTXU52b.zip in the folder MyTrafficAircraftInstallers - this contains a readme - follow it and I hope all of this works well ;-).

I will upload a new communicator that does not need this trick next week. You might need the larger update from 5.2 to 5.2b anyways.

i have mytraffic5.2 installed but the communicator don't give me nothing.... it says please wait while reading from web server.....

I have all firewalls disconnected

why you don't upload this zip file here???

Sorry to say, but this workaround isn't working. If you don't become a paying member there, you can only download one part a day. Limit is 150MB/day :-(

May I suggest you create torrents for the files?

Sorry to say, but this workaround isn't working. If you don't become a paying member there, you can only download one part a day. Limit is 150MB/day :-(

May I suggest you create torrents for the files?

if you disconnect your modem and connect again you can make the download....

what is the link???

Firstly I should say I am looking forward to this update. However as I now have to update from 5.2 to 5.2b (and not 5.2a to 5.2b), there are a lot of "large" files. The main problem not being the restricted speed but having to wait an hour in between downloading each part. Its a bit frustrating to say the least.

Marc

if you disconnect internet and connect again you don't need to wait one hour I think.....

but i can't find these download files because communicator server don't give any zip file

if you disconnect internet and connect again you don't need to wait one hour I think.....

but i can't find these download files because communicator server don't give any zip file

It depends on your ISP. The download servers recognise your IP address and apply the limits on that basis. If you switch off and on your modem/router you may be given a new IP address when you reconnect and your sheet is clean. That's the way it used to be for me until I recently switched providers, and now my IP address is much more presistant.

Simon

Ok, I am totally confused. Is there a new version to 5.2b? Is it available? I have 5.2a, where and how may I get 5.2b if it's available?

Bob G.

Ok, I am totally confused. Is there a new version to 5.2b? Is it available? I have 5.2a, where and how may I get 5.2b if it's available?

Bob G.

yes , there is a new 5.2 b update but I can't download it from the communicator with mytraffic 5.2 version???

can you go to communicator and try download over downloads , new versions menu

There is an inconsistency in the Communicator of 5.2a that needs to be fixed to be able to update from 5.2a directly. Sorry for that, I will upload a new communicator that can do so on monday.

If anybody knows of a server with the bandwidth to serve several Terrabytes, please send me a PM. Our server is limited to less than 100 GB/month (and already costs a fortune). I will also try to find more places to put the files myself, if you know better places please send a PM!

Both sides allow you to download one file per hour though, at least advertise to do so, and I tested that to work on Friday.

Why don't you seed the 5.2b update file on P2P and post the torrent? That would solve your bandwidth issue. P2P is not all about piracy.

And who pays for these Terabytes? If you know more how to do this withouit using stolen bandwidth, please send me a PM...

Every good proposal is welcome - and I also received the first PMs by user who succeeded and find this procedure worth the little effort :)

Well, I did it. Went from 5.2a to 5.2b and all is working fine. The only catch was the hour in between downloads.

Bob G.

A new version of the Communicator is now available under

http://www.fsrail.com/MyTraffic_Communicator.zip

Please download and put the executable into the MyTraffic folder. This should give you the right download information for 5.2a Simmarket Edition installations. These updates do not apply to costumors of the Aerosoft packages. The update path for MyTraffic 5.2 Aerosoft edition is to get MyTraffic 2010 from Aerosoft, or to purchase the crossgrade from Aerosoft MyTraffic 5.2 or 5.2a to MyTraffic 5.2b Professional ( to be available soon ).

In addition, I added a third download side. If your local bandwidth is big enough, I recommend you download from the three sides simultanouesly, one file from each side, so you only have to wait once.

The incremental update from 5.2a to 5.2b Professional has a size of 850MB and is organized as download of 5 files, the update from 5.2 to 5.2b has a size of 990 MB and is organized as a download of 6 files. Sorry we worked so much for free :D

Thanks for the feedback. If this works out as it looks now, we can do new things like providing new schedules between the updates to better reflect seasonal changes as example...