The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic X 5.2b professional

As it is giving a file error I doubt that it has anything to do with my hardware. 5.2 is working fine as well as all my other software.

I will try compiling the exe file again without my avg running and give it another try.

If that doesn't work I will wait for the more convenient download way.

Thanks,

Problem solved :D . I recompiled the .exe file with the downloaded .rar files. And now the installation ran just fine. The file does not have to be in the Mytraffic sub folder. It will run from any local folder.

When I compiled the .exe file the first time something must not have gone right when it was extracting the .rar files.

But what's important, is that I now have MTX 5.2b running, GREAT.

Thnaks for the feed back. Still this something may well be hardware related, I always wonder how much trust users tend to have into their hardware. The numbers of errors returned from a good hardware to the hardware abstaction layer is thousands an hour typically, fortunately only few of them are not recoverable, and a few of the non recoverable ever are visible... MyTraffic with its GB that is moved and unpacked to about 10 GB moves 10**12 bits through your system, and error rates of 10**-12 are standard. It may be a wrong pixel in a texture most likely, since these make most of the data, and you will never see it, but it can be everywhere in principle.

Hello all,

Please tell me there is another way to get this update? I have tried the links for the parts, and it will take me over 45 minutes per part, and I have to do it 1 by one... I would rather have one big file to download even if it took an hour or two...

Thanks for any help on this!! :D

Hi Burkhardt, great to hear that next version is ready, well done to all.

Now if I could get my hands on it.

I have two versions of Commuicastor installed under My Traffic folder, I am using the one dated 14th May 2009 to try and download new version,

I have anotehr version called MyTraffic_Communicator52-1, which is older date, 2008.

All that is happening with download, what I did was chose download new version and this small window pop up saying

current version installed MTXV52a, newest version is MTXV52b, okay that seems right, and I get a message saying,

"please wait while reading from web server"

But it has been saying that for a good 10 minutes plus, I stopped it and retssarted, still the same.

I know you mention in earlier post it is quite a big file, well must be a busy server too.

Am I doing it the wrong way? :?:

Let me know

TIA

Phil

Thanks Burkhardt, prompt and clear as usual. :D

The new Communicator downloaded the dfownload instructions files, and I am now downloading 5.2b from flyworldva.com

21% so far, but it is working and I don't need to do it in the smaller sizes.

About an hour to go, Thanks to Flyworld for allowing the web space.

Cheers

Phil

I tried the large file last night and much to my annoyance my system locked up at 88%, so you can get it, just takes a good hour.

I try the small part files today, as I am having lock ups with my Dell XPS, which I reckon is connected to its on board USB controller.

Phil

Greetings!

Quick question: I purchased your wonderful program from SimMarket on June 2007. I believe I have the file MTX50b. I believe this might mean that I have Version 5.0

Is there a way to upgrade this version to 5.2b? Or do I need to purchase the program again? I just upgraded to WIN7 and I'm in the process of conducting a fresh install.

Thank you for your help with this. Your program is fantastic. You produce traffic that is very similar to that one encounters in real life. Good work!!

Maurice

Phoenix, AZ

480-495-1165

When you purchase a new version through the same user account it should give you a fair price, below half of the full, for a new full installer.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my question.

I will return to SimMarket and purchase the new one.

Congratulations on a beautiful program. I retired from TWA (L-1011) and it brings back many good memories when I see your traffic.

Thanks again!

Maurice

azurdia@aol.com

Making a new AI L1011 is one of the next projects I have - interested to help on that? The one in MyTraffic still is the old one, since you know how many L1011 still fly...

Hey everyone. Listen I'm a bit confused about this software. Maybe you can help me clear it up.

Apparently there are several different My Traffic apps now?

What is the difference between MyTraffic X 5.2b and Aerosoft MyTraffic 2010? Are they the same, but different. I'm very confused.

Thanks for any help.

Arc