The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

What next?

Interesting. I deleted the data set for it and will wait until it identifies registration and type next.

By the way, their 747 is a -300, so a very experienced aircraft.

First off this isn’t a complaint....I’m really enjoying MyTraffic X v5.3 pro. It took a bit of reading to get used to some of the things, but so far, it has saved me a ton of time over doing this stuff by hand.

So I have some wish list stuff for the My Traffic Editor program. All of which are under the airline/manage section where you schedule/create your own flights. Here are few “suggestions” that I would like to see, not sure how difficult they are to implement….(listed in no order of importance)

- Touch & Go checkbox. It would be nice in the “Create-a-new-flight” window if we could have a simple checkbox that would cause that flight to do touch-n-go’s and then a time area to set how long that flight should do touch-n-go’s at that airport.

- More intermediate stop boxes: There is one via intermediate stop box, but it would be nice to have one or two more. Some short haulers like Southwest Airlines in the states do quick 200/300 mile jumps.

- Stop flight time. We have a starting (departure) time, can we have a time when the flight should end. Sometimes I would like a flight to just operate from 0600 to 1500. I know you can do this using the via connections, but in the case of short flights 100 miles or less, it would be nice.

- Days of the week. Currently only longer flights that span a day get this option, be nice to see a daily checkbox and then checkbox’s for Monday – Sunday to set specific days of the week that flight should operate.

thanks...I might have some more soon :wink:

Just put more...

About the end flight: You are aware that as soon as the flight ends, it will be parked until the next one starts - blocking one parking all the time. If there are more than two or three of such flight, it is extremely unlikely the flight passes the compilation step ( one free parking of a defined type and radius unused for days ) or FSX displays it. If you park aircraft for hours, the overall capacity of an airport goes down dramatically, up to a factor of 12. Instead of 50 departures per hours large airports would come down to maybe 10 per hour.

I understand that, and it wouldn't be something that is used all the time. I was thinking more for like at GA airports, where in real life, there are planes that can sit in a parking spot for days or months and not fly.

I think on that list the two that I would like the most is more legs, intermediate flights available and the TnG checkbox.

Here's a thought....when you choose info/depatures and select your airport you are giving a schedule of departures for that airport. How about if you could click on a flight, choose EDIT, and be able to manual edit the text of the that flight as it falls into its flight schedule; allowing you to add other stops, TnG, change times, flight levels, etc., and then be able to save that and have MT complile it the next time you create your flights.

I have experimented a bit and a proposal to make, please check it and comment if you like it or not. It gives you the ultimate freedom in flight planning from the departure menu, with all responsibility on your side.

The current implementation is limited that only schedules of type "Operations" can be changed. Those coming from network plans or any automatic scheduling can be implemented, but that is some days of additional work, so please comment first.

I attach a new version of MyTrafficX.exe. It contains two new functions, the older ones are untouched, so it should be simple to replace the 5.3 version by this, make a backup if you feel so.

MyTrafficX.zip

On the right you see two new buttons, we press "Export to temp and delete". The flight plan will be written to "Temp_Ops.txt" and this will open in your editor defined for txt files, typically Notepad.

post-148-128689719955_thumb.jpg

Now you have complete freedom to do what you can't be stopped to do :lol: just write the plan as you want it. Here I cut the late night flights, shifted all schedules by 2 hours and sent the first aircraft to Ibiza. It will display from traffic density 18 on.

The format is defined in the SDK documentation.

post-148-12868971996_thumb.jpg

The rest is simple. Save the file under the same name, and in MyTraffic Editor press "Import temp". The flight will be imported as operation and compiled with the next "create all files and traffic".

Just to remind you this is for operations only currently, you can most easily recognize these having low flight numbers in the departure window. Those that don't work may come from the network plans.

Hmmm, ok, it doesn’t seem to be working. I do not think the import part of it is working as I have tried both IFR and VFR flights, GA and commercial…the pictures below are an example of NO CHANGES.

So I have a flight from KSDM to KRDD. I bring up its schedule and you can see it listed in the image below…highlighted in blue, Ameriflight 700 B1900 departs at 0000.

post-37941-128689719966_thumb.jpg

From the flight plan, the Temp_Ops.txt window you can see the flight plan. Simple and easy flight. I got this by using the “Export to Temp and Delete” button.

I made NO changes to this flight plan, saved it, closed the Temp_Ops.txt window and clicked on the “Import Temp” button,

MyTraffic did the import thing, but it never shows up in the departures list. Even after I compiled the flight plan using the “Create all files and traffic” menu and reopened the traffic file; as you can see it is gone...see image below.

So perhaps I have a setting which isn't set correctly or the import feature isn't working just right yet...any feedback?

post-37941-128689719975_thumb.jpg

post-37941-128689719981_thumb.jpg

Which database are you using? The latest one from 26.5.2010 and the 5.3 original do not contain such a schedule, so I cannot reproduce your steps and look what they do here.

If you added these flights yourself, can you supply me with the database you are using? I don't think it makes sense to debug using different data sets.

Not sure how to check the database ver. number....but yes, that is a database that I have created over the last two weeks, which is why it will look different than yours. My database file is over 77 MB so it is not possible for me to send to you.

I tried it with the original database, the one that comes with MTX when you first download it, unpatched, the file size is 82.8 MB. I added a B1900 filght from KSDM to KBUR....

I than did the same, export, I edited it only changing the traffic % (see blue highlight),

I than saved it, closed that window, and imported back with the same results of not being imported back.

post-37941-128689720078_thumb.jpg

post-37941-128689720094_thumb.jpg

post-37941-128689720102_thumb.jpg

The previous version contained some code to prevent import of schedules breaking the airports capacity. This maybe isn't necessary for import of single schedules, so I will remove that and upload tomorrow.

Please try this one, it worked on all iterations I tested...

Ok, it does work, I can edit and make changes...but now I have another question. :roll: :roll:

I tried to edit a basic VFR flight plan. I made changes to the times and flight level and the airports...all of which saved and compiled properly...but when I tried to add TOUCH-N-GO traffic, it didn't take it.

Take a look at the edited flight below...I tired putting in a time of 200 for TNG on this line...

0,KCRQ, 67, 0,200 ---- that didnt work

so then I put it here....

0,KCRQ, 67,200, 0 --- that didn't work.

Any sugestions...

__

post-37941-12868972022_thumb.jpg

None of the MyTraffic structures supports touch and go. If you want that, add the edited file by hand to MyTrafficclosed.dat and compile that.