The simFlight Network Forums

Flightplans not recognized

billhuntsman

Hi,

I just registered FSC (8.5). When I create a flightplan and save it everything seems fine in FSC. I can see the new plan with the 3 demo plans (DMEARCDEMO, LFMNEDDK, AND EDDK2EINN). I can load any of these within FSC. However, if I try to load these plans within FSX by browsing to the FSPLAN folder within FSC, FSX does not find them. Nor does another program REX when I use its flightplan feature and ask it to import the FSC flightplan. (It is supposed to be able to import FSC plans.) If I use Windows Explorer to go to the FSPLAN folder, I can see the sample .PLN files listed above, but the ones I created become visible only if I click the icon for "Compatibility Files".

One other thing I noticed is that if I run FSC normally it shows as being registered to me. However, if I try to run as an administrator it shows as unregistered and says that I need to run the database manager or choose a different version of FS. (It shows FS2004, not FSX.)

Any ideas why my flightplans are not recognized? Thanks.

Bill

FSX

FSUIPC 4.53

FSC 8.5 build 200409

DB manager 8.5

Downloaded from your website and activated after trying out

VISTA 64

Hi Bill,

it seems to me that you have "NOT" installed the FSCommander as administrator because,

the FSCommander can see your created plan but the plan is not visible for other programs.

The reason is that VISTA (and also WIN7) save the file in a special virtual folder and in this

case the file are only visible for the FSC itself.

Please read: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=66110

Again and again, install as administrator and after installation done, run the program as administrator.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

I will reinstall as directed. I had installed FSC before this post occurred and have only recently become aware of the administrator issues with Vista. I have a couple of questions about the reinstallation.

1) I assume I can use the FSC installer to remove the existing FSC. Can I then install as an administrator using my current FSC installer or will I need to redownload the FSC files from your website first?

2) If I reinstall like this, will the activation code I got from Simmarket still work?

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

1) I assume I can use the FSC installer to remove the existing FSC. Can I then install as an administrator using my current FSC installer or will I need to redownload the FSC files from your website first?

Just use the FSC installer and I would prefer that you download the latest installation from our website

2) If I reinstall like this, will the activation code I got from Simmarket still work?

Your activation code from simmarket will be work

Regards,

Volker