The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burkhard

Update to MyTraffic X 5.2b Professional from 5.2 or 5.2a

This topic is to inform how to update for Simmarket costumors of MyTraffic X 5.2 or 5.2a to MyTraffic 5.2b Professional.

Please download an update to the communicator from http://www.fsrail.com/MyTraffic_Communicator.zip and put this communicator into the MyTraffic main folder, replacing the existing one. The menu item "Downloads - New versions" should allow you to download a small zip archive, depending on what you have installed. This contains the correct information which file to download.

Thanks to World VA http://www.flyworldva.com/ now you can download this update as one single file from a fast server. If this server is not reachable from your site, their still are alternatives to download the files.

Yes, sorry I forgot. The "crossgrade" that makes you full Simmarket costumor has been updated in the meantime, it is available under

http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-xo-(de_4074).phtml ( or similar, the site automatically detects from where you call it to calculate sales taxes etc ). It can be applied to any Aerossoft version after FSX SP2 release.

Burkhard the link is bad, you will have to use a short hand version with an option such as click here and insert it in url tags, the forum software has a nasty habit of shortening long url's and breaking them so you cant copy and paste them and it doesn't like url's with ( or ) in them either.

For example try something like below.
[url=http://TheAddressOfThePage.com]Click Here[/url]

Which will give you this;

Click Here

Actually this link below should work I've figured it out and fixed it for you.

mytraffic-x-incremental-update-from-5.1b-5.2-or-5.2a-to-5.2b-pro

Hello, I did this update and the installer installed it without problems on MyTrafficX 5.2 folder. Questions are:

If I had MYTraffic 5.2 on FSX Scenery, do I have to reinstall the new scenery of the Profesional 5.2b version, or does FSX recognize the new folder now showing the new version.?

Is there a way to see at FSX if the new version has really installed? like for instance going to a determined airport that was not present in MyTrafficX v5.2. If so can you provide me with the list of the new airports?

Appreciate your help

In the main MyTraffic folder should be a file MT_VersionX.txt. Open it with notepad for the version.

One new airport is VTBS Bangkok Suvarnabhumi.

Mike

Mike checked MT_VersionX.txt and it did show that the installed sofware was in effect the V5.2b ; then I took a look at the new airport and found it. So I guess that this issue is settled and all I have to do now is have fun with this new version of My Traffic X.

Thanks again

Regards

EDIT - Please not Burkhard's message below this one.

http://www.flyworldva.com/MT/Download/MTXU52ab.exe for the A to B upgrade

http://www.flyworldva.com/MT/Download/MTXU52b.exe for the 5 to 5b upgrade

Burkhard, correct me if I'm wrong on the two files.

Thanks,

Bob

http://www.flyworldva.com

This topic is to inform how to update for Simmarket costumors of MyTraffic X 5.2 or 5.2a to MyTraffic 5.2b Professional.

Please download an update to the communicator from http://www.fsrail.com/MyTraffic_Communicator.zip and put this communicator into the MyTraffic main folder, replacing the existing one. The menu item "Downloads - New versions" should allow you to download a small zip archive, depending on what you have installed. This contains the correct information which file to download.

Thanks to World VA http://www.flyworldva.com/ now you can download this update as one single file from a fast server. If this server is not reachable from your site, their still are alternatives to download the files.

Thanks, Bob, and let me first of all express all the thanks to you to provide this valuable gift to me and all of us.

The links are correct, but I prefer to let the communicator check the version. In special, these updates are written and test for the version supported here, obtained from Simmarket. Do not apply them to the Aerosoft-Versions, or you will have several missing files and blame me that something does not work :lol: - the crossagrade from the Aerosoft versions is obtainable from Simmarket.

Just wanted to drop in and say the update is superb. I'm still testing: quality of a/c is very good and the traffic around the globe is improved (tried N.America, Caribbeans, Russia and France).

Excellent work Burkhard.

As a side note: I have all the AI Traffic prgs Commercial & freeware. So I know which one does what in terms of quality of a/c (visual) while still retaining FPS and the world coverage also. As it is I might go back to MyTraffic 5.2bPro.

Have a nice day,

Pierre

When it comes to quantity and performance MyTraffic bashes all other addons by a safe margin of 300%. On aircraft quality, I see it in front of UT2 slightly, which itself is far infront of the rest. For schedules, UT2 might still have a little advantage, but this has got tiny on the price of its aircraft not to be persistent.

I finally have my new PC and have everything loaded including 5.2a so I am now ready for 5.2b.

If I download and install 5.2b will it erase the three airlines and all of their airplanes that I have created for KRIV in 5.2a?

Does the current 5.2a to 5.2b upgrade file include all the patches that have been released for 5.2b or will I need to install all the 5.2b patches also?

Regards,

Rod

The update brings you to version 5.2b, so you still should add the patches AFTER 5.2b ( which aren't many nor severe ones ).

The schedules installed will be those that I supply. You also get a new database containing all the new aircraft changes, schedules, airports, paints, fixed etc. To keep you work, you can use the export funtions of the editor to export what you did to text files, edit those to cut them down to your changes, and import to a copy of the new database - if needed, since I cannot tell if your changes haven't been ( partially ) also done by me now.

You forgot to mention Burkhard that I would need to modify all the aircraft/sim.cfg files to include all the sims I added for the F16, C17, KC135, etc., etc., etc. Hopefully the next person that asks will think of it like I did and save a copy of all the aircraft folders before running the upgrade. It would have been a pain to have to add back in 200+ sims into their respective aircraft/sim.cfg's.

Anyway other than that the upgrade went extremely well.

This whole thing is to odd at times. On my old XP 32 bit PC even after all the time that I spent modifing KRIV and adding all the aircraft and airlines into MTX I had hardly any traffic at KRIV. On my new Windows 7 64 bit PC I have the traffic at KRIV that I was looking for after I spent all those hours modifing KRIV and adding all the stuff into MTX.

Anyway thanks for all the help on the project and the upgrade.

Rod

This signals to me that you have in the old setup what I call a "ttools polution" incompatible Ai traffic schedules hidden somewhere.

Well, if you make changes to anything yourself it is obvious you make at least 3 safe backups, one of them completely offline, one on another disk at least. But it maybe should be better described in the upgrade process that - IF YOU HAVE MADE ANY CHANGEs - I recommend you rename the old MyTraffic folder to MyTraffic52a as example and run a complete new install.

This signals to me that you have in the old setup what I call a "ttools polution" incompatible Ai traffic schedules hidden somewhere.

Well, if you make changes to anything yourself it is obvious you make at least 3 safe backups, one of them completely offline, one on another disk at least. But it maybe should be better described in the upgrade process that - IF YOU HAVE MADE ANY CHANGEs - I recommend you rename the old MyTraffic folder to MyTraffic52a as example and run a complete new install.

You may be right about having had a ttools traffic bgl on the old system, when I first got MTX I had to go in and get rid of them, but even though I though I got them all maybe I missed one and the fact that one was left on the old PC did not show up until the new install on the new PC.

I will have to remember to rename my MTX folder the next time, that is a good idea. I do have backups of important folders and files on an external HD.

Rod

hey Burkhard: the worldofva files to update from 5.2 are down (aka 404 file not found ) .

is there any other option where i can get them ?

hey Burkhard: the worldofva files to update from 5.2 are down (aka 404 file not found ) .

Normal update line for 5.2 changed to the strongly rebated 5.3 update. 5.2 and 5.2a users could still download and store these files for a long time, I can see if I still have them somewhere and upload for your convenience next year...

Which one do you need exactly, the update from 5.2 to 5.2b or the one from 5.2a to 5.2b?