The simFlight Network Forums

Runtime Error "52" when trying to setup 8.5 databse manager

horizonflyer

Recently I uninstalled FSC (version 8.3 I believe), I've been away from flight sim in general for a long time and downloaded the latest FSC version 8.5, when I try to setup the database manager, and after I choose the FSX file location and click "update airports", I get the "runtime error 52" and the database manager closes.

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

It appears to me that your version of FSC is not networked and if so, then the advice I've given you is wrong. Renaming the scenery configuration file only applies when FSC resides on a networked pc. Here's a shot (attached) taken from FSC's User Manual which suggests that if the DB Mgr screen shows that it has found FSX (You have correctly chosen . . .), then it should find the scenery configuration file.

I don't have any other clue.

All the best,

Jean-Jacques

post-25819-128689703899_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Another thought just occurred to me. Check to make sure that FSC is configured to look for FSX data, not FS 2004. To verify, select the Window menu, then Options, then the Display tab. The bottom left-hand box allows the user to select the data for FS 2004 or FSX.

Jean-Jacques

Tom,

I know what you're saying and I don't really have an intelligent answer to your question! But lets get back to your original query which is related to getting the DBMgr to build an FSC database based on FSX data. I don't know what the issue is but for sure, FSC won't function unless it has a database to read! Somehow, you've got to get the DBMgr (not FSC at this stage) to read FSX data contained in the scenery configuration file which, based on the User Manual, should be a rather simple task provided you give it the right path to FSX. I'm at a loss for further advice and hope someone more knowledgeable on this matter can provide help.

All the best,

Jean-Jacques

Hello Tom,

You wrote: but now how do I change FSC to look for FSX if I can't open FSC?

You can´t open FSC while the database is not created from FSCDBManager. After the Database is successfully created, you can start FSC with the FSX Parameter. Please read for that Page 96 from user manual.

If it do not work, I want to help you the following screenshots.

1. make a screenshot from the database manager like Jean-Jacques.

2. Lunch the microsoft Explorer (not the Internet Exlporer) point the mouse to the FSX directory so I can see the path to them. Make now the screenshot.

3. Put the Screenshots as Reply.

Please let me know the Result.

Best regards

Eric