The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.93 controls don't work

unless I go on-line before I fire up FS9 (running XP SP2). My Sidewinder Pro's buttons work but I have no elevators, ailerons, rudder or throttle.

This used to happen occassionally - whether I was on-line or not - with previous versions of FSUIPC. I would just change aircraft and everything would work. The log would tell me there was a verification/encryption problem and to use Globalsign. But I would have to be on-line for it to work.

Upon installing 3.93 I discover that it doesn't have Globalsign and now I don't have a choice: I have to be on-line initially for FSUIPC to register and for the controls to work.

Any ideas?

unless I go on-line before I fire up FS9 (running XP SP2). My Sidewinder Pro's buttons work but I have no elevators, ailerons, rudder or throttle.

This used to happen occassionally - whether I was on-line or not - with previous versions of FSUIPC. I would just change aircraft and everything would work. The log would tell me there was a verification/encryption problem and to use Globalsign. But I would have to be on-line for it to work.

What is all this about "on-line"? There is nothing at all in any of my programs which need you to have an Internet connection. All of my programs will work just as well on free-standing PCs which have never even seen the Internet, let alone being connected at the time.

Therefore I must assume you are getting mixed up with something else which wants you to be on-line for some sort of verification.

Upon installing 3.93 I discover that it doesn't have Globalsign and now I don't have a choice: I have to be on-line initially for FSUIPC to register and for the controls to work.

Any ideas?

You NEVER have to be "on-line", and the Globalsign "fix" is just a one-off exercise needed for old Windows operating systems which didn't have GlobalSign included in their list of known signature suppliers. Once the fix has been run once it is never needed again, the details are stored into Windows permanently.

And once you have Registered FSUIPC you never have to re-register unless you have reinstalled Windows, or deleted your FSUIPC.KEY file.

It sounds to me as if you are mixing up completely different things, most of which are nothing to do with FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

My apologies Pete, it's not an FSUIPC problem. It's Internet Explorer.

I use Mozilla Firefox and presumed IE wouldn't be involved. Silly me - there it is in IE: your name being slandered.

I had reinstalled XP at one stage, so that probably triggered Microsoft to block the program.

I didn't get a chance to reboot last night but I have a feeling taking you off the "untrusted" list will do the trick.

Many thanks for a great program.