The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC error #12

Hi

My name is Shaun and as you can see this is my first post and need help already. My problem is that I am trying to use Live dispatch 4 with FSX, the routine is I start REX to get my weather which automatically starts FSX, I then start LD4, the problem happens when I select the pre flight button I get the following error message, "FSUIPC error #12 FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG, error sending message to FSUIPC." I have posted a message on the LD4 forum page but get told by the author of the programme that it is "with your FS and FSUIPC setup. These aren't LD4 problems", I have deleted all the FSUIPC files in the module folder and then I reinstalled but after trying to restart LD4 I get the same message. The order of sequence must be FSX starting first then LD4. I have the latest version of FSUIPC which is registered. I have tried everything I know but have run out of ideas. Maybe someone has seen something similar and can give me some ideas how to cure the problem.

Kind Regards Shaun

My problem is that I am trying to use Live dispatch 4 with FSX, the routine is I start REX to get my weather which automatically starts FSX, I then start LD4, the problem happens when I select the pre flight button I get the following error message, "FSUIPC error #12 FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG, error sending message to FSUIPC." I have posted a message on the LD4 forum page but get told by the author of the programme that it is "with your FS and FSUIPC setup. These aren't LD4 problems"

I've never heard of "Live Dispatch 4". Does it actually use FSUIPC? Is it freeware? Otherwise they should have applied for a license.

I've no idea what their error message means, unless they are merely putting out the interface code error number (which is in THEIR code, not FSUIPC's, and therefore under their control and responsibility). If that is the case it means that the SendMessage call to windows, to send a request to FS, failed on all retries. Possibly you are not waiting long enough for FSUIPC to be loaded by FSX, or you are running FSX "as administrator" but not LD4, or vice versa. All programs need to be run with the same privilege levels.

Pete