The simFlight Network Forums

Go directly to FS flightplan directory

F.Schmid

Hi Volker

Until FSC 8.5 on the save/load flightplan menu, as we clicked on 'go directly to FS flightplan directory' button, the first time we choose the directory and since then everytime we clicked the button we went straight to that directory.

With 8.6 release, everytime we click the button we have to choose again the FS flightplan directory.

Is there a way to correct this issue?

Regards

Schmid

WinXP SP3

FSX SP2

FSC 8.6 + DBM 8.6 downloaded

FSUIPC 4.53 unregistered

Thank you Volker

I have tried a full uninstall and a reinstall with no success.

I have also tried to install under C:\ and no more under C:\Program Files\ - (I'm using WinXP) and the problem remained.

Not a big problem. Just unconfortable to have to manually chose FSX flightplan directory at each time. I supposed there would be some way to edit a .ini file or something like that to force to point to correct directory.

Best regards

Schmid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Mr. Schmid,

Thank you verry much for your help. I had the same problem with the missing directory.

I tried it on 3 different PC (XP, Vista, and Windows 7)

Every time the same error message.

Perhaps we make something wrong or it is a real FSC Problem.

Kind regards

Otto

Hello Mr. Schmid,

A simple thank you note for sharing the solution. I was also faced with this anoying issue. Your solution now allows FSC to go directly to the Flight Simulator Files folder when FSC uses FS9 data and similarly, to the Flight Simulator X Files folder when FSC uses FSX data.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

My problem is related I think but slightly different, I have set up my FSX flightplan folder in options (FSC 8.6) when I "save as" to any of the folders FSC or to FSX a message comes up "Flight plan cannot be saved because FS Path unknown! Please specify FS path in options window!" I click ok and the save as ends. I have checked the folders and the flightplan has actually saved to the correct place. Why is this annoying warning coming up?

Another question I have the PMDG JS 41 installed I can save a flightplan to the PMDG/FLIGHTPLAN folder but the JS41 FMC cant pick it up, I save it with the PMDG option ticked. I should add that I am using windows 7 64bit, FSC 8.6 build 200110 I have FSX and FSC configured to start in admin mode automatically.

I hope you can help

Thanks Phil Broadhurst

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...