The simFlight Network Forums

how to scheduled flight plan in to newly created airport

thazim

For starters you have to have SDK installed and to do that you have to have one of the following:

FSX Deluxe

FSX Acceleration

FSX Gold

To read up on installing SDK go here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p_%28FSX%29

After you get SDK installed and the toolbox shows up in FSX you need to copy the SDK TrafficDatabase Builder.exe to you MTX folder. Read the first page of the MyTraffic X Editor Manual, the one that I have is for v5.2a.

After you do the above I highly suggest the you completly read the manual for MyTraffic X Editor at least twice.

After all that start FSX, go to your Toolbox and do a dump airports. The first time that you do this you will need to point this to your MTX installation, see Item 20 in the MTX Editor manual for more detail. When completed close FSX.

Start MTX Editor and open a MTX file, mine for v52.a was MTX_V52a.myt and I highly suggest that before you start you make a copy of this file and place it in another folder so you will have a backup if you need one.

Next go to the Airport tab and select Import Airport.txt and then select Export Airports.dat

Next go to the Create tab and select Schedule, Files & Traffic and in the top right corner click on the Go On button.

Let this run and do not touch anything on you PC until it is done, you will see a progress bar and after that you will see a black DOS window with a bunch of white commands being executed, after that is done you will just have your MTX Editor. On my PC this process takes an hour, in a post someplace Burhard has stated on his PC it takes four hours, so this may take awhile, it depends on you fast your PC is and how much RAM you have.

If you have any questions let us know.

Rod

i think i need a clear tutorial okie i have fsx standard version and SDK installed as told i copy theSDK TrafficDatabase Builder.exe into mytraffic folder, my current my traffic version is my traffic 52 i download the patch mytv 52b and place det on myaircraft folder after that i click patches to 52 in my traffic communicator it shows please download the patches....and place it in my aircraft folder ???? im confused so how and also

( After all that start FSX, go to your Toolbox and do a dump airports. The first time that you do this you will need to point this to your MTX installation ) what you mean by det u mean i need to start fsx then ow to go toolbar in fsx theres no toolbar and ow to dump airport ?????

well thanks for the replies much appreciated please help me solve the problem how can i mkae the AIRCRAFT TO LAND AND TAKE OFF FROM MY CREATED AIRPORT PLEASE HELP ME

It is my understanding that SDK does not come with FSX Standard and you say that you have FSX Standard. Did you actually install SDK from the CD as described in this link:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p_%28FSX%29

Note that I am not talking about FSX, you have to individually install SDK from the CD after you have installed FSX. Now when you start FSX you need to see if the Tools tab is available, look at the attached file and it will show you the Tools Tab and the Dump Airports Tab.

If you do not see it then you do not have SDK installed or it is not installed properly. If you have it installed, but not properly then see the above link for help to fix SDK.

Once you have SDK installed then go to Tools/Dump Airports and then you will see this

Now you have to point to the MyTraffic X folder to download the aiport list file and the log file. If you installed FSX to the defaul location then the path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\airports.txt for the airport list file and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\airportslog.txt for the log file. Note that the path in the picture is not the default path, it is the path on my PC. If for some odd reason in the MyTraffic folder you do not have the airports.txt and airportslog.txt files then open notepad and save a blank page with file name airports.txt and do the same for airportslog.txt.

After you get all of this done then click begin and you will get a dump airports list.

After you get your dump airports to work then go back and read my first post for what to do next.

Rod

post-25580-128689706445_thumb.jpg

post-25580-12868970646_thumb.jpg

Check your dll file, below is mine. If your SDK is installed in a different folder and/or drive then your path will be different, use your path, not mine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Object Placement Tool

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

FDav

False

False

Gauges\FDav.dll

module_init

module_deinit

I have installed SDK on two different PC's and both times I had to manually modify the dll file in order to get the correct information into the dll file.

Rod

well good new now i see dos panel the simconnect thingy

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

0.56875 Panels data export found and set to 20A819B8

1.00755 DLL Loaded: Path="FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll" Version="1.0.0.0

"

1.44967 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..\Microsoft Flight Simu

lator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" Version="10.0.60905.

0"

1.59597 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..\Microsoft Flight Simu

lator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll" Version

="10.0.60905.0"

1.70469 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..\Microsoft Flight Simu

lator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll" Version="

10.0.60905.0"

1.70494 File not found: Path="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight

Simulator X\MyTraffic\SuperTrafficBoard V2.2 Demo\STBServer\STBServer.dll"

like this but when i press ALT key no hope still no tool menu

well good new now i see dos panel the simconnect thingy

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

0.56875 Panels data export found and set to 20A819B8

1.00755 DLL Loaded: Path="FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll" Version="1.0.0.0

"

1.44967 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..\Microsoft Flight Simu

lator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll" Version="10.0.60905.

0"

1.59597 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..\Microsoft Flight Simu

lator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll" Version

="10.0.60905.0"

1.70469 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..\Microsoft Flight Simu

lator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll" Version="

10.0.60905.0"

1.70494 File not found: Path="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight

Simulator X\MyTraffic\SuperTrafficBoard V2.2 Demo\STBServer\STBServer.dll"

like this but when i press ALT key no hope still no tool menu

It seems to be saying that your version of SDK does not match your version of FSX. If you only have FSX Deluxe installed then you need to have SDK SP1a installed. You can download SP1a from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta7b7e28f212

You also have to have .Net v2 installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detalaylang=en

You can use .Net v3.5 becuase it includes .Net v2.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netfram78097.aspx

Rod

Which version of FSX do you have installed.

If you only installed it from the DVD and did not update FSX to Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, or Accelearation, the SDK from the DVD should do it. FSX from DVD as well as the Service Pack from the DVD are very buggy, though, so if a lot of things don't work that is normal. There was a Service Pack 1 for it end of 2006, I think this disappeared with FSX SP1.

You should as mimimum update FSX to Service Pack 1, and in this case the SDK to Service Pack 1a. If your Hardware is built after 2006, I strongly recommend to update FSX to Service Pack 2, and in this case also the SDK to Service Pack 2. On a 2009 generation hardware, you may have 5-10 times the frame rate with SP2 than you had with the default version.

Another hint:

To determine the version of an exe or a dll, right click to it and select "Properties". Under the Tab "Details" you see the version.

well guys i download and install the SP1A and my SDK is from the SDK in deluxe version didnt upgrade that

(SDK SET UP.EXE VERSION IS 11.0.0.30007) i run that set up exe so install the SDK and i did everything on that forum said i still get the same error mismatched verison omg

well good new tool menu appear and dump the airport all done also done exactly lik this(Now you have to point to the MyTraffic X folder to download the aiport list file and the log file. If you installed FSX to the defaul location then the path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\airports.txt for the airport list file and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\airportslog.txt for the log file. Note that the path in the picture is not the default path, it is the path on my PC. If for some odd reason in the MyTraffic folder you do not have the airports.txt and airportslog.txt files then open notepad and save a blank page with file name airports.txt and do the same for airportslog.txt)

so after that do what is it im finished thats all can i expect some aircrafts in my created airport

currently the my trafic editor says CREATING SCHEDULES IN ANOTHER THREAD PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE DATABASE

SO WHATS THAT

It means that it is working and do not touch anything, you have suceeded!

After awhile you will see a dos window with some commands streaming down the dos window, then the dos window will close and all you will see is the open My Traffic Editor. After the dos window closes then you are done.

Rod