The simFlight Network Forums

DOUBLE INSTALLATION AND QUESTIONS

jinx46

MY FSC (FLIGHTSIM COMMANDER) INSTALLS

My OS is WinXP (SP2) at 32-bit.

I have both FS9 and FSX Gold Acceleration installed.

FSUIPC version is mentioned below.

In FSX I have FSCDbManager80.exe and in fs9 I have FSCDbManager80.exe and FSCDbManager81.exe ( I have made two installations of the program, each one in a different folder.

FSC is Version 8 upgraded to v. 8.1.

HISTORY

The first time I installed FSC, I encountered these problems:

When I ran FSX, all was okay and it was connected to FSX and the database data showed on the map properly.

When I ran FS9, however, it connected, but upon opening the program, the welcome screen showed it was loading the data for FSX. The map did not show or load the data for FS9 nor for FSX.

(I had installed FSC v.8 and had upgraded it v. 8.1 by running AS_FSC_UPD_81.exe)

I had FSUIPC4 to connect to both sims and I believe the connection was made by that for both sims. I probably did not have SIMCONNECT, as I was not able to see it anywhere in the FSX directory. I have FSX Gold with Acceleration and run Windows XP2.

Considering the problem above, I thought to uninstall all and reinstall first for FS9 and later a second installation for FSX, at a different address, different folder.

NEW DOUBLE INSTALLATION OF FSC

FS9 INSTALLATION:

First, I installed the SDK for FSX through the use of my FSX installation disc 1. I went all the way with it and installed both the SDK and Gmax and their attendant help and other files. Reason for this was to get SIMCONNECT. On checking, I found I had SIMCONNECT in : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\config

and that the text in the SimConnect.cfg read this:

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=127.0.0.1

Port=

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

Then I installed FSC and its update, intending it for FS9.

Details:

I ran Setup.exe, then entered the serial number, and said no to the installation of FSUIPC.dll 3.7.1 (since I had v.4 of that already installed).

I got some error messages saying that:

“Your FSX installation is not suitable for this versionof FSUIPC. You may need to install an update from Microsoft. No changes have been been made by this program.”

On the installer window upper part, it said:

“Installer for FSUIPC4.dll version 4.06”

On the same window of the installer in the lower part, it also said:

“Your version of FSX.exe is version 10.0.61647.0 (Need 10.0.6090.50)

I ignored these messages and finished the installation, hoping for the best.

I then run AS_FSC_UPD_81.exe to update it and that completed okay.

Up to this point I had not made a database.

I made a database for my FS9, manually finding its directory, and exited the database-maker program.

FS9 TEST:

I now started FS9, and opened FSC. This time the window said it was for FS9.

I connected by clicking on GPS> connect to FS.

The fs9 data was there, luckily.

I proceeded to make a simple flight plan with two WP’s and saved it in My Documents\Flight Simulator Files, so I could load it through the FS9 Flight Planner., The program saves it elsewhere by default, I think.

I flew my flight plan.

All worked like a charm.

So now I had one working FSC installation forFS9. Time had come to make a 2nd installation for FSX.

FSX INSTALLATION:

Before proceeding with the installation of FSX, and after some thought, I went into my FS9 FSC installation directory at C:\Program Files\Aerosoft\FSC and I renamed the exe of the program to “k4_FSC.exe” and sent a shortcut to the desktop for that, deleting the shortcut the installation had previously placed. The reason for this was that I intended to have two shortcuts on my desktop, one for each sim.

1. I made a new folder for the installation and named it “FSC_FSX”, to avoid installing in the same folder as my FS9 installation.

2. I proceeded with the installation of my FSC for FSX as previously with the fist installation for FS9 and browsed to C:\Program Files\Aerosoft\FSC_FSX for the installation.

The program then installed in : C:\Program Files\Aerosoft\FSC_FSX\FSC, having made an extra folder, FSC, within the FSC_FSX folder.

I then run AS_FSC_UPD_81.exe to update it and that completed okay.

Up to this point I had not made a database.

I made a database for my FSX, manually finding its directory, and exited the database-maker program.

FSX TEST:

I now started FSX, and opened FSC. The shortcut at the desktop was named “FSC 8”, and I left it named like that. This time the opening window said it was for FSX.

I connected by clicking on GPS> connect to FS.

The FSX data was there, luckily.

I proceeded to make a simple flight plan with two WP’s and saved it in My Documents\ Flight Simulator X Files, so I could load it through the FSX Flight Planner, and flew it.

All worked like a charm.

So now I had a second working FSC installation forFSX.

QUESTIONS:

1. Does one have to have two installations, as I myself made, to run FSC for FS9 and FSX? If not, how does one choose which data base and screen FSC loads?

2. How can one keep the FSC window open, all the time, as it closes as soon as one hovers a mouse over it?

3. The RW button in FSX is active before one starts FSX, but becomes inactive when FSX is running and connected to the program. The FSC window closes as soon as one hovers the mouse there. Is there a time limit in seconds built into the program for this?

4. The software screen says it does not work with Windows Vista—is that true? I may be changing to Vista soon.

I would appeciate it if you can help me with the above questions.

Thank You and Best Regards

Nick

Hi Nick,

so far as I can see, (you have forgotten to let me know) you have an AeroSoft version.

In this case, please contact the support from AeroSoft.

Regards,

Volker

btw. you do not need to have 2 installation, one for FS9 and one for FSX,

because FSCommander handle both FlightSimulator databases in one program.

Please read the current manual, chapter 21, Loading databases for FS2004 or FSX.