The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.96

Pete

I recently installed FSUIPC 3.96 on my computer. When I attempted to make a flight using the PMDG 737NG aircraft, my COMM radios and ADF radio were frozen, I could not change the frequency . There have been postings on the PMDG forum concerning this problem. I never had any problems with earlier versions of FSUIPC. I am using my registrated version of the program.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I recently installed FSUIPC 3.96 on my computer. When I attempted to make a flight using the PMDG 737NG aircraft, my COMM radios and ADF radio were frozen, I could not change the frequency .

I'm afraid you cannot blame FSUIPC for "freezing radios". FSUIPC has nothing whatsoever to do with how FS processes the radios.

If you are actually referring to inoperative hardware buttons or dials programmed through FSUIPC, then that is a totally different matter -- you are mis-reporting tyour problem. Please just download the current interim update from the Updates and Other Goodies Announcement in this forum and try again.

Regards

Pete

I was just hoping you could give me some insight into what could have caused this problem.

Only if it is loss of operation of buttons or dials programmed in FSUIPC. That could be due to a possibly too short timeout on the Joystick response, one which was included in FSUIPC 3.96 for the first time. One solution was to extend the timeout in the INI file, but the better one now is to simply replace the 3.96 DLL with the update available here, in the Updates Announcement.

If this potential problem does not explain what you are seeing then I'm afraid I don't know what could cause it. As far as I know the radios in the PMDG aircraft are still the default FS built-in radios, so test with a default aircraft. If the radio stack works on those, then you may need to contact PMDG support instead.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Good news.

Version 3.9.6.4 almost solved the problem. The previous was FSUIPC version 3.9.6.0.

Now COM1, COM2 and ADF1 are working sometimes but not always. ADF2 dosn't work at all.

After I copied version 3.9.0.0 back everything works fine but ADF2.

Regards,

József

Version 3.9.6.4 almost solved the problem. The previous was FSUIPC version 3.9.6.0.

Now COM1, COM2 and ADF1 are working sometimes but not always. ADF2 dosn't work at all.

After I copied version 3.9.0.0 back everything works fine but ADF2.

There is no reason for any of them to be different now, in 3.964, compared to 3.90. Except possibly ADF2 which sounds like doesn't exist in the aircraft you are using. Check the Aircraft.CFG file for that. Merely having a gauge for it doesn't make it work.

with 3.964 there is no difference in button processing at all in flight mode. The only timeout check is in the assignments, and for recognised joysticks that timeout is now defaulted to 80 mSecs. Once the buttons are assigned there is no change.

Please enable Button logging in the FSUIPC Logging tab, operate COM1, COM2 and ADF, stop the session when you see them not working, and show me the log (or at least the last large section), please.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

First of all, I use my mouse to tune COMs, COMs transfer and ADFs so button logging logs nothing. After I enabled almost everything FSUIPC logged a 75MB file. So, how can I show you? It’s 3 MB zipped.

I don’t know but sometimes they have up to 8 second delay but sometimes they don’t work at all. It sounds for me this can be timing problem.

I found version 3.9.1.8 in my archive and it works fine as 3.9.0.0 does.

Regards,

József

First of all, I use my mouse to tune COMs, COMs transfer and ADFs so button logging logs nothing.

Ah! In that case, FSUIPC cannot possibly have anything to do with it. Why did you post your problem here if it wasn't anything to do with FSUIPC facilities?

After I enabled almost everything FSUIPC logged a 75MB file.

Don't "enable almost everything"! Why on Earth would you do such a thing. I certainly don't want to ever see such a log, and I don't need to see it for non-FSUIPC operations like using a mouse on a radio stack because it cannot be involved.

I found version 3.9.1.8 in my archive and it works fine as 3.9.0.0 does.

There simply is no possible relationship between FSUIPC and mouse clicking on a panel. If it looks that way it will be a coincidence related to something like memory arrangements, each version of FSUIPC being slightly different in size and memory usage. It really does sound like you have some sort of memory problem on your PC, or possibly a corrupted FS installation.

[LATER]

I see from another user report that my explanation above cannot apply. Please ignore the above and read on. I had not related all this to the specific point about the PMDG aircraft, which does use FSUIPC. If you still have that Zipped log, send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. Apologies for my earlier disbelief.

Regards

Pete

You may well be correct on the memory issue Pete as generally the comm freq / active radio will change eventually, sometimes quicker than others but can be several or even tens of seconds.

For those of us experiencing this issue reverting to an earlier FSUIPC version (3.93 for me)does resolve it.

You may well be correct on the memory issue Pete as generally the comm freq / active radio will change eventually, sometimes quicker than others but can be several or even tens of seconds.

For those of us experiencing this issue reverting to an earlier FSUIPC version (3.93 for me)does resolve it.

How many are experiencing this issue? If there's more than one I can't really see how it could be a hardware or FS installation problem. What on earth can hold a mouse click for "several tens of seconds". Can you do anything else whilst you are waiting?

You are also using a PMDG aircraft? Are you all using the same one?

Can I take it this is not happening with default FS2004 aircraft? If you don't know, please try one of those first. If it is occurring with default aircraft and going back to an older version of FSUIPC "fixes" it I'll certainly need to dig deeper. If it is only with PMDG aircraft it must be somehow related to how they are using FSUIPC. Possibly their code is taking advantage of some undocumented feature 9"bug" in the older versions of FSUIPC which is now fixed, so I'd need to know about that too.

Either way I'll need more information, like:

1. Is the FSUIPC registered?

2. If so, if you remove the FSUIPC.INI file (temporarily) from the Modules folder, before loading FS, does the problem still occur? If it doesn't I need to see the FSUIPC.INI file please.

3. What external applications are running which may use FSUIPC?

4. Are you using any Lua plug-ins? Is there an "ipcReady.lua" or "ipcInit.lua" file in your modules folder? Is so I need to see it/them.

5. Are there any other non-FS modules in the Modules folder, like pmdgOptions, actigate, squawkbox ones, fscopilot, fsinn, etc etc? (If you are all using PMDG aircraft I'd assume that there will be at least pmdgOptions.dll?)

Maybe I need to see József's log file after all:

FSUIPC logged a 75MB file. So, how can I show you? It’s 3 MB zipped.

Please send the ZIP as an attachment to an email addresses to petedowson@btconnect.com, please.

Apologies for not understanding that this was a more general problem. My previous excuses cannot apply if the exact same thing is happening to more than one user. But I cannot do much without more information.

Thanks,

Pete

I'm going to reinstall ver 3.96 updated to 3.964 and run both the PMDG 737-800 which gives problems and a default FS9 aircraft.

Is there any logging you require Pete?

nothing extra initially, but I'd like to see the default log in case any errors are logged. When I have the answers to the other questions I may ask for more. I've not got a lot of time today so it may get delayed till tomorrow (monday).

Regards

Pete

Pete, I'm not seeing this issue on a default FS9 a/c.

1. Is the FSUIPC registered?

Yes along with WideServer 6.7.8.0 and WideClient 6.7.9.1 installed

2. If so, if you remove the FSUIPC.INI file (temporarily) from the Modules folder, before loading FS, does the problem still occur? If it doesn't I need to see the FSUIPC.INI file please.

Problem continues to exist with new .ini file

3. What external applications are running which may use FSUIPC?

Squawkbox 4

ShowText

FlightKeeper

Topcat

Active Sky Advanced

TSR AutoBrake

ICAO Position

All running via WideFS

4. Are you using any Lua plug-ins? Is there an "ipcReady.lua" or "ipcInit.lua" file in your modules folder? Is so I need to see it/them.

None installed

5. Are there any other non-FS modules in the Modules folder, like pmdgOptions, actigate, squawkbox ones, fscopilot, fsinn, etc etc? (If you are all using PMDG aircraft I'd assume that there will be at least pmdgOptions.dll?)

Module list submitted via email along with FSUIPC/WideFS ini and logs.

Module list submitted via email along with FSUIPC/WideFS ini and logs.

The log shows nothing useful or odd. The modules list shows "Actigate.dll" which I'd like you to try without, please.

WideFS applications will make no difference.

What version of windows are you using, BTW? And does the problem exist with both 2D and VC PMDG cockpits?

I've been trying to get my ancient copy of the PMDG 737 running, but FS9 complains about the MAIN gauge and loops forever complaining about it. That's on Win7 64-bit. Maybe it isn't compatible? Otherwise I must have some parts of PMDG corrupted -- very long time since I last tried it. And I can't find the original files! :-(

Pete

Windows XP Sp3

Problem exists in both 2D and Virtual cockpits.

Removing ActiGate.dll has no effect.

Okay. Thanks.

I couldn't get my install of the PMDG737 working but I've found the original install files in my back-Ups. I've installed the -600 and -700 version 1.3 from January 2004. would that be close enough to whatever you are running? The mouse works fine on the Radio Stack I then bring up.

This might take me some time to work out what is happening, but first i need to be able to reproduce the effect. Is there anything else you can tell me to make it more likely to happen?

I notice that in the PMDG options menu there's a facility for adjusting the 2D and VC update rates. Have you found these to have any affect of the problem?

Regards

Pete

The -800 -900 add-on pack does make changes to the earlier models, to what extent I couldn't say.

I might have those someplace. I'll search.

Changing freq/active radio 'seems' to get worse over time or maybe 'load' on the sim.

Time doesn't seem to be a factor here. It's been running for a few hours and the radios are just as responsive. But it isn't under much load.

Maybe you could get the sim to the state where this is occurring, and save a Flight for me to try here? ZIP and send the FLT and WX files please. If you are over add-on scenery please let me know what it is -- better over default if you can repro it there. Also please tell me what sort of frame rates you get normally and if they are any different when it happens.

Has anyone asked PMDG if they can look at it too? With FSUIPC not really being in any way involved in radio tuning with mouse, and with the PMDG radios being standard FS radios (just graphics changed), whatever is going on must be something else, inside PMDG's code, and presumably in something where it is interacting with FSUIPC. The trouble I have is that none of the facilities offered to or used by any FSUIPC3 applications has changed between 3.93 and 3.96. The changes have all been realted to user facilities -- and with the test using a default INI file you've proven those aren't involved.

It is very puzzling. If PMDG can't help it may not be solvable. My PMDG contact was Lefteris Kalamaros and he's not with them any more. I suspect he's also the only one who really knows the 737NG.

Regards

Pete

Currently mid flight online running Version 3.947 without problem.

I've managed to reproduce it, but only after installing the -800/-900 update.

It is most odd. It only affects the COM and ADF radios, not NAV nor Transponder, nor anything else as far as I can see. It is very odd indeed. Certainly FSUIPC doesn't have anything to do with those, other than reading all of them for the benefit of appliations -- but it has always done that! And it doesn't seem to be dependent upon load -- its just sitting on the runway and the FPS is between 70 and 90 all the time!

I do see that the aircraft constantly sends these 4 controls to FS:

1018078 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66069 (0x00010215), Param= 1 (0x00000001) YAW_DAMPER_ON

1018078 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65957 (0x000101a5), Param= 0 (0x00000000) FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT

1018078 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66337 (0x00010321), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE

1018078 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66337 (0x00010321), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE

It does this very frequently indeed, the whole time. Rather a performance waster if you ask me! However, they cann't be the culprit.

Anyway, I'm happier now i can reproduce it so I shall study it during the week. I'm afraid I cannot simply drop everythnig else, but I won't let it go! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Pete,

I'm pleased you've managed to reproduce the problem and there is no rush to try and resolve. We know that 3.93 will keep us happy. It was just weird why this arose after all this time and generations of FSUIPC updates.

Just to confirm 3.947 worked ok the whole online flight.

Hi pete i seem to have the same problem with the radios, i've upgraded to 3.964 and lost coms navs and adf tuning both with the PMDG 737-700 and stock fs aircraft.

I'm running

FS9

PMDG 737-600/700 not upgraded to 800/900

i've read some people saying reverting back to 3.93 works but i can't find a version to download.

many thanks

IMPORTANT

I'm pretty sure I've now undone the change which had the weird effect on the COM and ADF frequencies. I have not managed to work out why the small code change I had made (it was in 3.953) had the strange and very selective affect it did, but it appears related specifically to those with PMDG aircraft installed, even if it appeared to affect others too.

Please download and try version 3.965, now in the Updates Announcement above. That should fix it. Please let me know otherwise.

Regards

Pete