The simFlight Network Forums

msvcrt.dll causing FS9 to shut-down

I had installed the latest version before the current version,and installed some Cloud9 scenery files,and when I re-started FS2004,it crashed stating that msvcrt.dll was causing the crash.Having noted a previous instance when this had occurred and I'd resolved it by going back on an older version of FSUIPC,this is exactly what I did and FS2004 did start again.

I'm baffled why an older version of FSUIPC does not throw up this msvcrt.dll error yet a newer version does.Any ideas?

I have downloaded the latest version,i.e.3.96,but am rather reluctant to install it in case I'm back to that msvcrt.dll error and FS2004 shutdown.

RICK

I have downloaded the latest version,i.e.3.96,but am rather reluctant to install it in case I'm back to that msvcrt.dll error and FS2004 shutdown.

Sorry, I cannot support old versions. 3.96 is supported, and there are further fixes and improvements in the update already available in the Updates and other Goodies announcement above. If you do not update I cannot really help you with anything.

Regards

Pete