The simFlight Network Forums

Importing FS Nav flight plans ...

garyhall2530

I am sitting on the buy/download button but need to know this first... I have been a long time user of FS Nav in FS9, but i hate that FS Nav is dead, but still works fine for me, but since i have FSX loaded, FS Nav will not work in that, so.... I have a lot of flight plans saved in FS Nav and would very much hate to lose them all and have to redo them in FSC, can FSC import and use these flight plans from FS Nav ? I have read about altitude not being used etc, and I do not care about that as that is what autopilot is for LOL, but I DO want to use the flight plans to have FSC fly the plane from point to point along a flight plan I either load or create in FSC and can waypoints be deleted and or moved around in the flight plan in FSC ? If I can do this, consider it bought and FS Nav replaced :) Thanks for your time, Gary Hall

Ok well thanks, have been talking to friends, looks like FS Pilot has capability to import FS Nav plans and spit them out in FSC format for FSC to use, so maybe that will be an option, I would not relish the thought of having to recreate 500 or so flight plans LOL. Thanks for the reply, have a good day. Gary Hall

• 3 months later...

Hello Gary:

I am wondering whether you were able to confirm that FSBuild can import

FSNav flight plans and spit them out in FSC format.

I just started with FSC and having so many FSNav plans sure would like to be

able to use them with FSC.

Thanks,

Clarindo

I have pursued it and the answer is NO, it does not appear that it will, they tried, but have given up on it. So do not buy FS Build for that purpose, and i myself will not buy it at all now. I have another free program i can create plans on by hand if i have to do that, and it appears i do, so i will. Hope that clarifies that for you. Have a good day. Gary

Your information is very much appreciated, as I was about to embark on the acquisition for the sole purpose of turning my many FSNav plans available for use in FSC.

Wishful thinking, but I still hope someone will come around with a solution - and not only the two of us will benefit from it; there must quite a few more simmers out there hoping/waiting for it.

Have a good one,

Clarindo