The simFlight Network Forums

WideServer Run Delay

Pete,

Would it be possible to add a run delay to WideServer in the future. Something similar to what you have in WideClient.

I load FSMeteo, PMSounds, and HCSDT OHL on my FS2004 server. FS2004 starts to load and then pauses while all the other programs load.

I would like to insert a run delay for all the other software to allow FS2004 time to completey load.

Richard

Would it be possible to add a run delay to WideServer in the future. Something similar to what you have in WideClient.

I load FSMeteo, PMSounds, and HCSDT OHL on my FS2004 server. FS2004 starts to load and then pauses while all the other programs load.

I would like to insert a run delay for all the other software to allow FS2004 time to completey load.

I'm not really doing anything with the "Run" facilities in WideServer these days. All those facilities are now in FSUIPC -- more folks benefit that way. Check the section "Programs: facilities to load and run additional programs" in the FSUIPC Advanced Users guide. They've been there for some time now (Septemeber 2002).

There's also a nice little freeware program called "Run Options" by Jose Oliveira, on the Schiratti site. This edits the relevant section of FSUIPC.INI for you.

Regards,

Pete