The simFlight Network Forums

Runway 34 at KMSP?

gets

I just flew into KMSP. ATC gave me vectors for runway 34. There is no runway 34 but there is a 35. I have installed an add on for KMSP to have the new runway 35 and 17 since it wasn't active when FSX came out. I have the KMSP.BLG as passive in MT scenery. The question is this.Would version 5.2b have the updated airport and I should remove the passive to make it work correctly?

Bob G.

MyTraffic version of KMSP is the same as the FSX stock airport only the parking is enhanced and improved. No runway 17/35, only a gravel/concrete base.

Sounds like your add-on isn't working too well. If ATC vectored you to 34 it's possible that the crosswind runways are not set to the north pole and are being used by ATC...just a guess as I don't have your file.

The add on works fine. Buildings and runways are correct and when I accesss KMSP in the FSX airports directory, it show the correct runways etc. When flying FSX and checking for the frequency for a certain runway, it does list a runway 34. It shows it as grass.

Can KMSP be updated in MTX so I can remove the add on?

Bob G.

When flying FSX and checking for the frequency for a certain runway, it does list a runway 34. It shows it as grass.

Is this grass runway 10 feet long? Can you see it when you land?

Half of the work of an ariport add-on is what you never see visually. Airports may appear to look fine from a visual perspective, but behind the scene many are disfunctional.

Any airport can be updated including the original airports in MyTraffic X. But always best to start from the original FSX APX file with a tool that is 100% FSX compliant such as ADE. This way you preserve all true elements seen and unseen.

Why not use JVs KMSP over at AVSIM? It contains 17/35.

The add on works fine. I never had ATC direct me to any other runway but the actual runways at KMSP before. When I requested an ILS approach to 35, it took we way off course? Here is a snap shot of the runways listed in my map view of KMSP. Many of the runways don't exist at KMSP.

post-24148-12868971095_thumb.jpg

These are Star runways - you need them to allow FSX to use non parallel runways, so the choice is either they don't show up, half the airport is unused, traffic densities are mediocre and queues long, or you see them and the airport is working properly using all its capacity. No third way exists.