The simFlight Network Forums

Can I try before I buy: FSC v8 + FSUIPC + WideFS

Hey all,

please forgive my ignorance on the matter, but I'm a beginning FSX enthousiast, and making my first steps out of the default FSX install and into 3rd party software.

I've read fantastic comments about FSUIPC and also WideFS, and I'm interested in using it to run FSC v8.6 on a separate laptop.

Now, I am the "try-before-you-buy" type of guy, and I have not bought any of the three yet, and the reason why I'm posting here is to ask if it is possible to try out this configuration before spending my money ?

I mean, I know FSC will run for 35 minutes in shareware mode, so I know I can try that out.

I've read in the FSUIPC documentation that you can use FSUIPC unregistered, with some limitations. However, I did not find information about using WideFS unregistered along with FSUIPC (unregistered).

So the question is: can I tryout the combo FSC v8.6, FSUIPC and WideFS unregistered between my laptop and sim-rig to see if it fits my needs ? If it does, I'll of course proceed to registration.

If this is not the right place for this type of question, I apologize...

Best regards,

TJ

I mean, I know FSC will run for 35 minutes in shareware mode, so I know I can try that out.

I've read in the FSUIPC documentation that you can use FSUIPC unregistered, with some limitations. However, I did not find information about using WideFS unregistered along with FSUIPC (unregistered).

You don't need to register FSUIPC to run FSC, which is a licensed FSUIPC application.

However, I'm sorry, but there is no way to use WideFS before purchase. Best to try FSC on your FS PC first. If you like it, it will be just as good on a Client PC with WideFS. That's all WideFS does, allows you to run FSUIPC applications on a separate PC.

Regards

Pete