The simFlight Network Forums
mgbmike

Heads up for users of FSLive traffic. New program out.

That is their setup program, which installs the software. I assume you ran it once?

Now you should have a tool installed in your start menu, which is able to download the real time schedules. Does this tool work? Does it download actual schedule files and place them to addon scenery\scenery? Does it show any message? What size do these files have?

To verify all is OK with your FSX setup, I upload an old traffic bgl I have to www.fsrail.com\anfs2.zip .Download, unzip and put the anfs2.bgl to Addon scenery\scenery. Now start FSX, do you see plenty of AI on the major airports?

If none at all, move the file over to scenery\world\scenery, start FSX again, what happens?

Look, I try to help you, but this is only possible if you provide detailed information of what happens, and answer all the questions I ask...

thank you sir for the help -

yes sir the download tool works, i can download a big file before starting FSX. this file i assume contains the real time schedules. in fact, downloading could take around 5 minutes more or less. message after download is usually download complete, you must start FSX manually to load the traffic. [ plenty of AI traffic shows but live traffic is not showing]

i will answer your other questions after i have downloaded your old file.

plenty of AI traffic shows but live traffic is not showing

Please explain what you mean by the above statement, what in your eyes is the difference between AI Traffic and Live Traffic? it makes no sense at all to me.

AI traffic to me are those with flight names like those in the default FSX aircrafts - World Travel, Pacifica, etc.

I can't see any Flight Number that resembles real world airline like BA, United, American, KLM, etc. and their flight plans are weird (same origin and destination)

when I rename the downloaded file to passive - no flight is shown but only ME at the airport.

I can't see any Flight Number that resembles real world airline like BA, United, American, KLM, etc.

Where are you trying to get this information from?

If you are using MyTrafficBoard to look for this info then that is probably what the problem is, as far as I know MyTrafficBoard is no longer supported and I don't think it ever supported FS Live Traffic schedules, although I could be wrong about this as I have never bothered wasting my money on FS Live Traffic as I find MyTraffic X to be a much better product.

You really mix up a lot of info in your posts.

Pacifica and Co are not in the downloaded file, they are in scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl, which is a stock MS supplied file from your original installation. If you rename these to passive they are gone. Leave it at .passive for now.

The file that you download is placed to "addon scenery\scenery" and should be named anfs2.bgl . Is that file at that location?

Please try like I explained in the above post. I tested this file yesterday to show lots of real traffic, Frankfurt is filled with Lufthansa and ....

Hi Burk -

I downloaded the latest flight schedule and it is placed at the usual "addon scenery\scenery" named anfs2.bgl

Since it doesnt show live traffic from the location,

I will move that file to scenery/world/scenery and will report in 5 minutes what happens.

By the way, I am broadcasting live at http://reachonair.com/wplayer/conf.php

I will try to greet you.

Hi Burk,

I have greeted you on air just in case you were listening.

And I am pleased to report to you that moving the bgl file from the addon scenery folder to scenery/world/scenery folder did wonders.

Airnav should be paying you for this because nobody from there seems to know about their software.

Easyjet 4936 and KLM 1872 and Delta is all racing to the active of EHAM. Thanks.

This deserves a separate post.

MR BURKHARD,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT AND SELFLESS HELP. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUT YOU SELFLESSLY AND PATIENTLY GUIDED ME THE WAY

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Heared a thank you when just tuning in :loL: So go to the scenery library and check if "addon scenery" maybeis unchecked?

yes you are right, addon scenery was unchecked in the library. so I checked it.

i moved the bgl file on scenery folder back to the original folder.

then start FSX and i am now lining up with KLMs, EASYjets and DELTAs

Thanks once again and glad you listened.

Nice to hear that there is no surprise in FSX :) Indeed their extremely short manual tells you that addon scenery\scenery is used...

I am now enjoying plane spotting. The flights are delayed just 5-10 min from real time. :) I checked from the real flight schedules. This is great!!! I need to transfer airports now. :) just to test.

yes yes. that was a gloomy picture. but thanks to you, it worked. but this doesn't change how i looked at the developer. the solution was easy and they gave me complicated answers that didn't even work. :)

you may now delete and clean up my post if you need to. so that people won't be confused.