The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
peebee

Windows 7 64bit FSX default folder to work with FSC

Hi On the forum sticky it explains not to install FSX in program files in windows 7 64 bit. After a few problems with FSX installed in the default program files(486x) and FSC 8.6 as described in one of my other posts. I decided to bite the bullet and uninstall FSX and follow the advise and reinstall in C:/ the first problem was the setup program won't allow an install into the root directory so I made a folder called "Flight sim" Fsx installed into this but not as a sub directory so Microsoft Flight simulator X was now simply Flight Sim if you follow.This then gave me problems when trying to install the add on scenery I have mega airport Londow Heathrow and Vfr London, due to the folders bing incorrectly named I suspect. I have now uninstalled everything again to start afresh.

Can you please advise how you have installed FSX into C: when I get it up and running I can the reinstall FSC.

Thank you Phil Broadhurst

Hi Phil,

I can not verifying your problem because, I have install my FSX on a WIN 7 64bit system under C:\FSX and it works perfect

with any AddOn Scenery and AddOn aircraft and also with our FlightSim Commander which is installed under C:\FSC.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker, Thanks for your quick reply. Did you install your FSX into the root directory of C: ? I ask this because when I have tried to install FSX onto C: the install program states that it cannot be intalled into the root directory. I have FSC installed as you say in C:\FSC no problem. the FSX issue suggests to me that it has to be installed as C:\...\FSX. ie in a sub directory of C:

Perhaps C:\Games\Microsoft Flight simulator X ??

Thanks Phil Broadhurst

Hi Volker, I successfully installed FSX by manually making a folder C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Fsx had no problem installing into that I started the setup file using admin rights. I have spent the next few hours reinstalling SP1 & 2 plus all my addon scenery and aircraft plus FCUIPC 4.57 then FSC all using admin rights.

All installed ok,all updated to airac 1001, but still have to start FSX AND FSC without admin rights to get them to connect. This is ok with level D B767 and Wilco 737PIC but PMDG JS41 and Wilco Airbus vol 1 have issues where they have to be started with FSX in admin rights this means I can't get a connection to FSC.

FSC is saving the flightplans ok, but I still havn't worked out how to retrieve them and load into the aircrafts FMC.

UIPC Hello is giving Sim is FSYETANOTHER FSUPC 4.570 CLOCK 02:03:13

Hi Phil,

again, I can not verify your problem.

All my installation FSX, FSC, FSUIPC and AddOn scenery and AddOn aircraft include PMDG are done without install or

run as administrator.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Phil,

I also have a W7 64 rig which is totally dedicated to FSX and FS9 and running in a network with an XP Home machine on which FSC runs along with a number of other utilities. I experience absolutely no issue but I've turned off UAC (User Account Control) on the W7 machine. Although UAC on W7 is less bothersome than Vista, I see no need for this degree of security unless of course a person feels more comfortable and secure with UAC on. But then there's a price to pay which is what you may be up against.

Try it. You can always turn it back on anytime.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques