The simFlight Network Forums

New FS Live Traffic 3 Questions

scnrfrq

I have a couple questions on FS Live Traffic 3, that I've just installed:

1. I hope I have things set up right. I previously had their original version installed, and that seemed to work. Today after I installed the new one I deleted their planes from Simobjects\Misc. I also ran from the Editor a Create All Files and Traffic, with the No FSLive box checked.

2. I'm seeing a lot of double flights listed in Explorer in FSX, which is a problem I had before. Is there an easy way to fix this?

3. I don't see a ClenupHistory.bat file like there was in the previous version of FS Live Traffic. Is this not needed any more with the new version?

4. I noticed in the AirNav manual that it says to remove from the fsx.cfg file the following:

simobjects.6=MyTraffic\aircraft. I didn't do this, as it didn't make sense to me. Am I correct?

You are correct on the last, if you use MTX 5.2b remove their planes.

Since these compilation jobs are done 24x7 on their server now, no need for such files.

Double flights- did you compile the MyTraffic schedules with the box checked? Can also be a problem on airports incompatible to FSX due to header mismatch...

The box in my Editor does not say "UT2/FSLive 2 compatible". It says "No UT2/FSLive airlines". Is this the same box you are referring to? I did check it. What is the DX10 box for?

It's possible I'm only seeing the double flights on my XP PC, but not on my Windows 7 PC. Could that be true?

The box in my Editor does not say "UT2/FSLive 2 compatible". It says "No UT2/FSLive airlines". Is this the same box you are referring to? I did check it. What is the DX10 box for?

From the manual:

"The FS Live Traffic compatibility checkbox should be ticked if you intend to use MyTraffic along with FS Live Traffic by AirNav Systems. Checking this box will reduce the traffic volume in the regions covered by FS Live Traffic and hence prevent artificial over congestion of airports."

DX10:

"Direct X 10 only: Only those flight plans are written out and compiled that feature aircraft series that are marked DX10".

In other words when using DX10 only aircraft that have the box check as a true DX10 aircraft in the editor will be used.

Remember you must have a video card that supports DX10. Also some users experience flashing and other visual errors

when using DX10, usually with some addon sceneries.

Mike

Yes, that is the box. The text should be changed slightly again for the next version, since now we know that the name of the product is FSLive 3.

The double schedules cannot originate from the difference between XP and Vista, but I assume these are different FSX installations, and there are myriads of possibilities that they behave different, from double scenery library entries to double airport entities with different headers to some file somewhere.