The simFlight Network Forums

Your FSX installation is incorrect

I have installed FSX yesterday together with FSX acceleration, then after I got this message I installed FSX SP1.

Any idea on what to do??

Thanks

Jose Washington Carbon

Your FSX installation is incorrect

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.57

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

I have installed FSX yesterday together with FSX acceleration, then after I got this message I installed FSX SP1.

Sorry, I don't understand. You installed FSX, then Acceleration? Then got what message from what?

FSX Acceleration includes SP1 and SP2. You must certainly not install SP1 after installing Acceleration!

Any idea on what to do??

You seem to have messed up the installation somehow. I'd uninstall everything and start again if i were you. Be sure to uninstall one thing at a time until there's no trace left. I don't think the older versions are revealed to be uninstalled until you uninstall the later ones.

Best when installing is always to run the program (FSX that is) between each stage. I tend to think the updates need an already-run install to work with. So, install FSX, run it to make sure it is okay, then do the steps involved in installing Acceleration. If that installs SP1 first, check that before going on to Acceleration.

This certainly implies a messed up SimConnect install.

BTW Version 4.57 of FSUIPC was superseded today by 4.60, available now in the Updates announcement above.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Peter, never had problems before and I am really sorry for taking your time. I did what you said, took everything out I also cleaned the registry with PC Tune-up and reinstalled. 1st the FSX tried and it worked fine, then the Accelerator, FSX works fine, but I get the same error as I sent you before. As you can see my version is 4.57

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.57

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Also a warning from Windows that states

Your FSX installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run wi9th FSUIPC4.

You may need to repair the installation to rectify this first

No chages have been made by this program

Once again sorry for the troubles, when everything goes fine, you do not learn tricks this time, I have no Idea what is going on.

Regards

Washington Carbon

Miami, Florida

Thank you Peter, never had problems before and I am really sorry for taking your time. I did what you said, took everything out I also cleaned the registry with PC Tune-up and reinstalled. 1st the FSX tried and it worked fine, then the Accelerator, FSX works fine, but I get the same error as I sent you before. As you can see my version is 4.57

Yes, I know. 4.57 was superseded this afternoon, as I said. The current version is 4.60.

Once again sorry for the troubles, when everything goes fine, you do not learn tricks this time, I have no Idea what is going on.

Nor have I. You need FSX properly installed with SimConnect properly working or FSUIPC cannot function. Nor can any other add-on program needing SimConnect operations. Maybe your Windows system is corrupt and needs repairing.

I'm sorry, but I've no idea how to fix a broken SimConnect side-by-side installation these days. it was easier on Windows XP. On Vista and Windows 7 it appears to be almost impossible. I have investigated whether it is possible to write a program to do the repairs, but I can''t even fathom out all of the interconnections involved in Windows side-by-Side libraries. It is truly the most devilish system ever conceived by Microsoft and I absolutely hate it.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for your prompt response, I google the fix for that problem, apparently SimConnect was not installed. You were right there was a problem with the installation. At Google I found a SimConnect configuation tool and FSX Google Earth Tracker (FSXGET) by running the configuration tool and installling FSXGET the Configuration tool installed SimConnect.

Thank you again for your help

Washington Carbon

Miami, Florida

SWEET DREAMS hehehehe!!!

Thank you for your prompt response, I google the fix for that problem, apparently SimConnect was not installed. You were right there was a problem with the installation. At Google I found a SimConnect configuation tool and FSX Google Earth Tracker (FSXGET) by running the configuration tool and installling FSXGET the Configuration tool installed SimConnect.

Interesting solution. I'll have to investigate that too. Thanks!

Pete